An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Communication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apipfreak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Help with Communication Reply with quote

Just went to court on Monday for custody of my 15 yr old. Decision will be made on Friday. Judge ordered my x and I to communicate through email regarding our son. I have recieved three emails as of yesterday (Tuesday) demanding pictures of my son's room, how I pay for his bills (doctor, etc.) and requests of how I punish my son. It was my understanding we use email to discuss visitation, grades, and other issues related to our child. These emails seem to be digging for the next court date.
My question is: Am I required to answer every nit picky thing he wants? Send the pics? We got out of court Monday afternoon and I had two emails waiting for me by the time I got home.
Thanks.
tanyamotherpa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The judge should have been more clear but no you don't have to answer e-mails that aren't about visation or school events ect. He is just trying to get you started. Just keep what ever he does said you so you have proof that he is being harassive by e-mailing you all the time. He has no right to make your life unconfortable. And no do not send the pictures unless the judge ordered you to. Good Luck.
Tanya
#1 Dad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apipfreak,
have you considered a parenting plan? Wisconsin has a sample one in the statutes that may help to eleviate some of these problems. It is an agreement that you both sign regarding how things should be done while raising your child. The pictures are personal and he probably wants to use them against you, so I would decline his request. Medical bills, if you share the costs, you may have to disclose how, or at least prove that they were paid. Email is easier to communicate, but people will say things in email that they would never say in person. Always take the high road and don't be afraid to speak your peace, but do it in a respectful manner so he does not accuse you of attacking him.
Brian
slbennett1025@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Apipfreak,

I fully agree with tanyamotherpa. Unless the Judge actually orders for you to give pictures, don't do it.

He sounds like a control freak (like most of them)
and trying to start issues (medical bills and questions about the punishment---none of his business).

If it's something that's court ordered for you to pay, then do so. Have you been to mediation yet?
Print copies of his email and take it to court so you can show that he's trying to control and manipulate you. Don't respond to his emails yet.
If you do respond, do just as you said that you understood, you thought the emails were to discuss
visitations, grades and other issues related to your son. Take care and good luck. Hope all goes well with your visitations and decisions.
mamanot kidding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

medical bills and questions about the punishment---none of his business- he is looking for you to make a mistake that he could use to his advantage in court. also, keep inmind that emails can be easily altered by him!! send cc to some other person that you trust so this will not happen
k&mm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he responsible for any part of the medical bills?? It's none of his business what his room looks like or if you put johnny on grounding. When you file to go back to court submit the harassing emails as evidence of his continued abuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: