An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I file a claim that a parent has violated the terms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singledadraisingdaughter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: How do I file a claim that a parent has violated the terms Reply with quote

I am a single custodial father of a wonderful 10 year old girl. Her mother has some issues and has been having a hard time. She got involved with a guy about a year ago and about two months ago the police came into their house and arrested him for raping a woman in the apartment complex. Well after the shock wore off, this caused me to start researching this guy (which I should have done long before but never had a reason to doubt him so I never thought of it). All of my fatherly nightmares came true at that point. This man is listed on the Harris County sex offender data base in Texas. He spent 10 years in prison for sexually assualting a 6 year old and a 14 year old. My daughter's mother apparently knew about this and never told me or the courts or anyone what he was. OUr custody agreement says in big bold letters that a parent that is living with or socializing with a known sex offender must inform the court and the other parent in writing immediately, of this situation BEFORE the child is subjected to that individual. Well, she lied, never submitted anything in writing and had vowed to stick by him and when he gets out of jail (she is sure he will get off on these new charges) they can start building a better healthier life together. Well, I am not okay with that for my daughter who has to be aroud these insane people every other weekend, most holidays and a month of the summer. Does anyone know what I can do to take action to modify this situation? So far the court can't tell me anything, the police say it has nothing to do with them and the attorney says it is going to cost $1500 up front and proably another $3000 + which we don't have. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ya'll!
debw97420

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she violated an order then you can have her charged with contempt of court. Although you can do this on your own. I was told by a judge it is a very difficult process and if you don't get it right they will throw out your contempt case. Unless you get a lawyer I don't think there is anything you can do. You can take her to court though and ask the judge to enforce the order. But thats probably the only thing he will do is tell her to go by the order. Which is pretty much a waste of time because it doesn't guarantee she will listen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: