An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

father claiming me as unfit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taytumsmom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: father claiming me as unfit Reply with quote

What are the laws to say that I am an unfit mother. My son is 6 months old his father and i recently got into a fight and he trying to claim me as an unfit mother what are my rights? I have graduated from high school, have a job, leave with a roommate, have a car, and have been in the childs life since day one. The father has only been in his life for 2 months doesnt have anything in his apartment but a couch no microwave no car just started a job and cant finish high school. he is trying to say that im unfit what are my rights please help he is calling dhs on me monday morning. i need help asap!
luvueric1028

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are not married than you are automatically the primary custodian. which means you need to get a 236 protection order and go from there. it would automatically set up visitation but get a good lawyer and you would be set!!!! good luck !!!!!
Melissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the father has some sort of proof as in drugs, abuse or felonies it is really hard to find a mother unfit. I aggree with luvueric1028 and get a lawyer and get one now. the sooner you have one the sooner you know your rights and can start your own battle against him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: