An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father win custody but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovingmom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Father win custody but Reply with quote

the father of my two daughter won custdoy but he does not live or take care of them, his mother does how can i prove this in court.
ihatethedaddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant. This sick man obviously produced those children so he could raise them with his mother.
My ex did the same. If they've got a penis, they have more rights than you. End of story. I'm sorry.
Barb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovingmom

Sad to say, but this is the trend in our family court systems today. Fathers are winning custody "hands down" with no evidence of mom being unfit. Children have no say in who they want to live with, and are being treated as if they are property to be divided. Judges making careless decisions, scarring the future of our country. Federal money pouring into these so called responsible fatherhood projects that have taken every deadbeat, violent, abusive, so called "daddy" off the street that owed back child support and have taught them how to win custody of the children. They have even went a step further and have reimbursed to these "daddys" their lawyers fees. You will find no federal funding for mothers to win custody. The safety and well being of our children mean nothing as to who gets custody. It's all about fathers rights. Men have decided they are not going to pay child support and this is their way out of it. Before the states started to crack down on men not paying their child support you never heard of these men wanting custody, or anything to do with their children. Now all of a sudden they have become saints and mothers have become unfit. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on. Most of these men are not taking care of the children, but it is the new wifes, girlfriends or their mothers. as far as proving that the grandmother is raising the child, all they will say is, there is nothing wrong with the grandmother spending time with the child and that it is better for a family member to care for the child then taking the child to day care. They are trying to eliminate a mothers role in a childs life.
I have been told by a child advocate for the court that "Responsible mothering by definition, means support of the father child bond." How any person can be brain washed into believing this is more then I can comprehend.
Hang in there and fight for your children, as you are the only one who will, find out the laws in your state and try to gather as many mothers together as you can who have lost custody and go after your state Represenatives and Senator's and demand change. Go after the federal ones too, they will tell you that its a state problem but lets not forget its federal money paying for alot of this.
They have legalized child molestation, abuse and wife battering for bio-fahters, and then they wonder whats wrong with the children.
70% of abusive fathers who go after custody are winning. You now have to document everything. It use to be that the only one who had every little thing documented were criminals. Normal, law abiding citizens never had a reason to have to document things. Guess who's running the court system in child custody case's.
God Bless you and your children
Keep fighting
Barbara
Wisconsin
Mothers Unite!
ihatethedaddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Responsible mothering by definition, means support of the father child bond."

...Pass me the bucket please. Umm..who told you that? Did they get their brain straight from Mr Cracker Jack? The more I read on this site, the more I am disgusted and outraged. I bet that person has never had a child taken away from them without just cause.
mamanot kidding

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can file for custody modification you can allo apeal if the time have not passed.
Nanci

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so upsetting, but so true. My ex has his mother watching my daughter for him. Why he fought for placement, I have no idea, control maybe. He won, my daughter lost. Now she spend afterschool time with grandparents while I'm home. I din't no about the option of requesting 'right of first refusal', or I would of tried to have it put in the court order when I lost placement. There was no evidence of me being unfit, just working, going to college and using daycare for only 8 hours a week. Thats how the GAL convinced the Judge to give my ex abusive husband our daughter all but 6 nights a month. The judge ruled that my 'education' was of no benifit to the child, but was a defusion of interest on my part....what year is this???
Jeannie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so frightened that this exact thing will happen to me. I am NOT unfit at all, my hearing is on June 29th, I filed for joint custody, he filed for sole custody. We are both fit parents and have good stable jobs. I am trying so hard to be fair but he wants to take him away completely. What are my chances here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: