An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what to do? I need good advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonelytasha

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: what to do? I need good advice Reply with quote

Hello all. I am 13 weeks pregnant with my first child. The father and I were in love, so I thought. At first we planned on me getting pregnant and starting a family together. After a little time, he started acting cold to me. I end up having to pay for everything. I have my own apt, car, and was going to school but I ended up taking time off over him. When I found out I was pregnant in Aug, he acted happy. I have had several complications and made several trips to the ER and the catch is, I have no insurance. He knew this. He stated that he was ''going to take care of us.'' Since I have had so many complications, I have not been able to work but on weekends (I am a LPN) and not making enough money for my rent let alone electric, etc. He lives with his mother and has no obligations to anything. His mom up and quit her job when she found out I was pregnant. On top of that, I ask if he was going to help me with my rent this month and he replied he would. Four days before my rent was due, I called him. Of course I ask what he was up to. He replied that he took his mother shopping for some clothes. Well I was super dupper mad. He didnt mention my rent and he never ever took me anywhere shopping since we had been together. So I decided I didnt want to talk to him. He didnt call me for 4 days and acted like his phone was out of order and had no possible way to call me. I was so upset I ended up going off on him. He called me every name in the book. Then he went on to act as if all this was my fault. So when I thought we were going to get back together, he goes on to tell me he has done so much for me and that I was an ungreatful B*tch and hung up on me. I called back to give him a piece of my mind and he put his mother on the phone. She told me I better never call up there again, he has nothing for me and a few other select words. I had had enough! I wrote a long email telling him how I want nothing to do with him, the baby and I would be better off without him and that I will never ever talk to him again. My fear now is that he is going to retaliate against me and other things. He is very scary and mean like that. I also want to know if I dont contact him, put his name on the birth certificate, or ask for child support, is there any right he will have to this child? I dont trust him or anyone in his family. what am I to do? I am open to any suggestions.
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to file for public assistance until you are able to get back on your feet. He can file for a paternity test if he wants to be able to see the child. And then if he does that you should immediately file for child support . If you start getting public assistance now, he will also be responsible to pay them back as well. You should have already signed up for WIC as well. There is help out there if you just ask for it. As far as him shopping for clothes for his Mother, you cannot really hold that against him. You knew he was a Mommas boy when you were dating him soooooo.........
His Mother quitting her job probably had nothing to do with your pregnancy. Don't keep calling him, if he wants to talk to you he knows where you live and has your number. He is enjoying this, so stop giving him what he wants. Live your life as if he does not exist. Move on! Let him do the chasing for a change.
lonelytasha

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he wasnt a mommies boy till recently, I am getting WIC but make too much for anything else as far as public assistance... I dont want him to have rights I am afraid that he would get mad at the baby and shake it or something... thanks for the reply though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: