An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Greedy Father

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 1
State or Province: Arkansas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Good Greedy Father Reply with quote

I have been married to my Husband for a very short time, 2 yrs. He had 2 children from a previous marriage and I brought my then 5 year old into the marriage. We have one child together that is now one.

Let me first say that although my husband and I have a difference in opinions on how to raise children, he truly loves his children and would do anything for them.

My husband and I have had money probelms recently due to the fact that I lost my job 5 months ago. The number of children and the lack of income on my part has put such a strain on the marriage that I have begun to drink in the evenings just to sleep, which of course didn't help the situation. In order to get things back on track I decided to visit my parents in the AR, ( I live in Chicago). At first my husband was all for it, but now that I am here, he wants a divorce and custody of our shared baby (which is currently with him, long story short the baby was not allowed to leave the state by my husband). Should I go back and get my baby before my husband can file for divorce? Would I get in trouble taking him out of state without my husband's permission? Would it look like I abandoned my son (which I didn't) I am not interested in saving the marriage at this time because to the way my husband sprung the word divorce on me. I just don't want to lose custody of my child just his father and I couldn't make things work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 44
State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to all of your questions except taking your child out of the state. What you need to do is get back in that house with your child. It would look like you abandoned him to a judge. But first and foremost you need to quit drinking altogether and possibly go to AA meetings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login