An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi new & looking for info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csbluvsdb

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: hi new & looking for info Reply with quote

I have a son almost 14 and he lives with his gp's but says he wants to live with me i was hoping it will be easy but they may give me a hard time does anyone have any advice or are you going thru the same thing..
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it come about that he is living with them instead of you?
csbluvsdb

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: i was young and dumb Reply with quote

i was living with them after me and their son seperated. i think he even went to jail before i signed.. i didn't have anywhere to go. my parents were not very supportive unless i met their conditions for support. i was a stubborn kid learned everything the hard way.. my mother was a bit overbearing and controling. i know now it was bc she loved me but i couldn't get it when i was young. my ex mother was so nice and helped me to much and i was doing things my friends were they just hadn't had children yet. I never did anything for anyone to come and take him away from me i was protective of him myself. i wouldn't even put him in daycare. i don't trust daycares or anyone to watch my children besides my parents or the grandma that has my son. she is a very good person very loving. i know she loves my son like he is he own. i signed the paper bc i thought it was best if he had their ins and stability. i was struggling to even get my own place. i also thought they would give him back as soon as i was stable. so mostly i was dumb and niave. i was 20. i thought i was having a family when i had him and when dad turned out to not be the family type my ideal of family was hard to keep together. i wish i had been smarter at least asked alawyer for advice something but i didn't.. i still need to ask my son for forgiveness i have told him i was sorry. i remember when he was 3 and 4 and 5 he would cry when they wanted me to take him back. they would let me keep him for a week at a time then. but he would cry so bad that they wouldn't let him come back for a while and then wouldn't let him stay as long either.. i was far from perfect but i loved my son. i gave him to them bc i thought something was wrong with me and my ability to care for him. i loved him and i was young..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: