An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fathers manipulating the system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eryn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: fathers manipulating the system Reply with quote

my childrens father tricked me into letting the children stay with him temporary till i got on my feet.which i have done .he put them into school and all activities and said he never said temporay .now we are in a custody battle and he can charm the toungue out of a rattle snake. He is fighting me with his new girlfriend whom thinks my children are hers. i am battleing 2 of them now and my kids beg for me to take them however the legal way just is not working well for me. because of the time and activities hes put them into. my ex uses that as a tool for custody. can anyone please give me some advice. i have a long story with so many more details.. but i feel helpless in a case i should clearly win but am not.please
Cherie Ergle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close do you two live to each other? Can you ask for shared custody? Also, you need to have a good attorney. Seems like when a custody battle is disputed, the courts are favoring the fathers. I believe they are trying to make a point; that the fathers' groups have finally been heard. Why does it have to be one parent is better than the other? The kids need both parents in their lives; period. That is; when both parents are fit parents.
barbara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eryn
You are not alone,as I'm sure you have been reading on here. Fathers rights groups have been manipulating the system for 20 years now and we as mothers never knew it. We all thought we were alone and put our selves down as unfit mothers, because we are still under the false impression that, that is the only reason a mother can lose her child. The truth is finally coming to light, and I believe they are not going to keep mother's down for too long now. Keep in contact
UNITE
Barbara
Wisconsin
Watcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister took her ex back to court to ENFORCE his visitation because he only saw the children sporadically. We have in his own writing where he stated "she (my sister) did not deserve child free weekends". However, he has discovered and has gotten involved with "Father's are Parents, too" and is now seeking "joint physical custody" and "no child support". We have his own admission about not wanting to pay child support in a letter from him, too. A successful, well to do man complaining about $612 per mo. for three kids! Unbelievable!
4penny

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: no child support Reply with quote

Watch out for shared parenting plans that implement lots of extra visitation because if he can manage to have the lots of extra days then his child support goes down.
Hannah03

State or Province: Alberta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Me to Reply with quote

I can relate. I to was manipulated. In short the father moved 5 houres away from me hiding for 5 weeks before i could get a hold of him. Then school started, there was a big boom here where i live and no lawyer wanted to take the case. Now i have the money a great lawyer, after almost 3 years ,my son has pleaded that he wants to live with me and his brother and sister (from a differnt relationship), and his stepdad, whom he loves. But his dad is pulling out all the stops and plenty of lies. I feel like a criminal. I am a great mom but he lies to make me look bad, but i have proff to all his lies. He is actually getting mixed up now with the lies. But i am so scared of all of this. Mothers seem to be getting the short end of the stick these days, and the end result these kids are gonna grow up to be terrible human beings. I don't care what no one says, a child needs their mother, father to. But i think the mother plays a bigger role in how that child will survive in the real world. Mabye women need to stat a new movement of some sort. I don't know about you but i am getting sick and tired of men bullying me. Like we are so weak.
Please get back to me.
Hann
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: