An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The most twisted thing I ever heard I hate Texas!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missmisunderstood

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: The most twisted thing I ever heard I hate Texas!! Reply with quote

Ok let's take it from the top. My ex-boyfriend was violent with me and my daughter so I had an opportunity to leave and took it. I had 2 children with him before he changed. The night I left I had the police present for peace officer (not sure what would happen) I had the all three girls in the van when he showed up. I was still loading my stuff so the officers went over to him to keep him busy when all of a sudden they walk over to me at the van and said he wants to tell his 2 children goodbye. I felt uneasy but thought ok the cops are here what could happen. BIG MISTAKE! He gives them a hug and then when I am fixing to leave he refuses to let go of them. I am telling him to give me the girls but won't let go of them.The cops actually told me that possesion was nine tenths of the law and they were not going to physically hurt the girls trying to take them away from him and I had to leave!!!! They made ME leave without my girls. This was in Dec. 2003 in Missouri. He imediatly moved to Texas with his mother and proceded to hide them with his families help and the Texas officials told me he is the biological father and there is No custody arrangments so he can go and do anything he wants without my permission because he has posession.

Now this is the really messed up part. I found out the day before Thanksgiving of this year that he was in jail for sexually abusing my Michaela and possibly Amelia . The state was the ones who found me and told me. Now for about a year my niece has been sneaking around and letting me talk to them but not telling me where they actually were.When the family found out they put a stop to it. He has told them I abandoned them and have made no attempts to contact them sooooo Texas CPS thinks I left them because I wanted to.They are with his girlfriend who by the way is not the one who turn him in it was her sister. The CPS worker told me she is not sure I can have them because I might abandon them again and he wants them with her. I was like he molested them and she said he is the father and he has the say where he want them to be and who with because he has been the ones caring for them (real bang up job on parenting) i said but I am their mother she said he was caring for them the past 3 years and I havent been there so he has the right . I said well I havent been there because him and his family was hiding the from me. she said ..."Well now that is not what Mr. 6&*(^& said he said you abandonded them" Evil or Very Mad OH Lord I know she didn't go there I could not help myself. I replied with yeah and he molested them so I don't think that would make him very a trustworthy person for infomation now would it. I tried sooooo hard not to get pissy but geeze that blew my mind.
So the child molester gets all the say and rights and I am restricted. Whats up with that . I live in Michigan this is going on in Texas I don't have money and I want my girls. I don't know where to turn any advice??????PLEASE help! Crying or Very sad
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey, You should have never walked off without your kids. No, you didn't abandon them, but you haven't made a real effort of getting them. You could have hired a lawyer a long time ago and had your kids at home with you yesterday.

So, what do you do now? Go to County court house in the county the girls are at and ask for papers to file for full custody of your kids. If you have no money you can ask for legal aid to help you. You have resources. Ask the Attorney General's office what to do, call a lawyer in the county and ask them. See, if someone can take your case probono or on a contingency payment plan. Anything, but you are wasting your time not going and getting your children!!!!!!!!!!!

CPS can say all they want. All you have to do is explain to the judge your side of the story and say you want the children returned to you. Chances are you will get them back. CPS is not in charge, a judge is!!!!!!!!! So get down there and do whatever it takes to fight for your kids.

What county is it?
missmisunderstood

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellis County I did not find out what city thill a couple days ago it happened in Waxahachie. The police threated to have me jailed if I didn't leave that day. I am low income so I could not afford a lawyer. I feel so stupid how could I have let them bulldoze me like this. I never in a million years thought he would do something like this. My problem with going is getting there . I know my car won't make it and I might be able to come up with the money to get there( I am not working at this moment) but would have no money for food or shelter once I am their. Do you know how I can get help with that? Thanks for replying Sterling.
cguerry

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if it will help you I just signed up with prepaid legal services i pay 16 dollars a month and I get legal advice from real lawyers You might also want to look into the public deffenders office in the state where your children are. I know it is tough my ex has taken my four year old daughter and we are currently in court and the judge just told me if I go to New York to see her for Christmas my visits will have to be supevised because her father claims I might kidnapp her. I wish I could tell you it will be easy but it wont just hang in there and fight for your children with all you have. Good luck and God bless
Sterling

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmisunderstood wrote:
Ellis County I did not find out what city thill a couple days ago it happened in Waxahachie. The police threated to have me jailed if I didn't leave that day. I am low income so I could not afford a lawyer. I feel so stupid how could I have let them bulldoze me like this. I never in a million years thought he would do something like this. My problem with going is getting there . I know my car won't make it and I might be able to come up with the money to get there( I am not working at this moment) but would have no money for food or shelter once I am their. Do you know how I can get help with that? Thanks for replying Sterling.

I think you will qualify for legal aid. Call the county court house in Ellis County and ask them how to get legal aid. They should be able to tell you the process. You can do most of that over the phone and internet. In the mean time start asking people like friends and family for funds to help you get your kids back.
REllis

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I hate KANSAS! It's not about what's right in this country, it's about who knows who, who is who's friend and who plays golf with who. I'm telling you, I feel your pain. The courts are TWISTED, that's the problem here.
________
Dodge Spirit specifications

Last edited by REllis on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
gmlinton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could give you some kind of advise. But, I can't. But the police wont help in anything these days. I have full custody of omy son zach and his father won't give him back and the police won't get involved. what good does custody papers do when nobody will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: