An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what was your breaking point?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandalou_86

State or Province: Alabama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: what was your breaking point? Reply with quote

I am a 21 year old mother of a 9 month old baby girl. Me and her father have been on and off for almost 3 years. We've had a very rocky relationship. I want to hear from other single mothers their reason for ending the relationship with their child's father. What was your breaking point? I would also love some advice or support on my situation...here's my story....

I knew Chris(my fiance) in high school. He was already engaged to his high school sweetheart, they had been together for over 3 years, he was 18 and she was 15. We knew of eachother but never spoke much, but I always had a crush on him. After he graduated him and his girlfriend broke up and a few weeks later he called me and we started hanging out. He was a lot different than I thought he was, but I wanted to give him a shot. He was drunk mostly every night , every night there was a party at his house. We had a lot of problems with both of our exes popping back in the picture, so trust as always been a HUGE issue in our relationship. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and he feels the same. We've both been unfaithful to eachother, mine with an ex, his with my best friend. Things did get better for a little while and I got pregnant. I was only 19. I was terrified but determined to make us a family. We've broken up 3 times since she's been born. I'm 21 now and he's 22. I know that I can still act immature and he can too. We let our emotions control us, and the stupidest things turn into HUGE arguments that usually end up with one of us leaving, at least for a few hours. I'm tired of it, I don't want to have sex with him, I don't even really like spending time with him. I want to work things out for Brianna and because not all of our times are bad, but I'm scared that it might never work out. I want to be that "happy couple" and right now it feels like we've been married 45 years and have grown bitter towards eachother. I know that no relationship is perfect, but ours isnt even decent! We live with my parents because we were living in his parents old house but they sold it out from under him, so we had no where else to go. he lost a really good paying job, so he had to take a job making half of what he was making, and it isn't enough to move out. I dont work because daycare here is outrageous, it would be whole check. I want to return back to college, but I cant at the moment because I had taken out a student loan, but had to quit college to work when I was pregnant and so i had to start paying my student loan, I can't return until I pay the school 400.00 in lab fees and we just dont have it, plus I'll have to pay out of pocket until i get my grades up to qualify for fiancial aid. I just feel hopeless. This isnt the life that I dreamed of! My daughter is the highlight of my life, but everything else seems to be falling apart!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: