An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full custody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanesha

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Full custody Reply with quote

Hello! I am 26 years old and i wanna file for full custody. what are my chances of getting full custody in Baltimore md? Will they offer my childs father joint before they give me full? My son lives with me, and recently my son's father stop supporting him due to an arguement we had.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all depends on your sons father. Is he going to fight you on getting full custody or not? If he does you can expect the judge give you both joint legal custody with you having likely sole physical custody with dad having visitation. But if he fights you I'd got for child support for sure.

If he doesn't fight you than you'll most likely get what you want, sole legal and physical custody.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will find that there is no such thing as sole custody... you can get primary custody with reasonable visitation... but it is in the extreme cases that sole custody is granted where the non custodial parent is a danger to the child and the custodial parent is awarded sole custody with them being able to decide if the other can see the child.

Also, you can not withhold the child from the dad just cause he isn't paying support... support and visitation are two entirely different issues... and are decided separately...

you can file for support, which is one petition, and you can file for custody... which is another petition... you can request primary physical custody with the dad to have reasonable visitation. But a word of advise... if you go to court and your ex says that you have been holding his child from him cause he is unable to pay... you could (mostly in extreme cases) loose custody of your child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: