An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HI I'M NEW TO THIS HELP ME!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessicalovellette

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: HI I'M NEW TO THIS HELP ME!!!!!! Reply with quote

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GETTING A DIVORCE Sad HE WANTS ME TO SIGN AN 6 MO. AGREEMENT GIVING HIM TEMPORARY SOLE CUSTODY OF OUR 2 CHILDREN. THEN IF HE FEELS I CAN MAKE SOUND DICISIONS HE WILL SWITCH IT TO JOINT CUSODY. AND, IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL KEEP THE KIDS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AND BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO LIVE IN THE HOUSE. WHAT R YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS AND SHOULD I DO IT?
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: No, No, No... Reply with quote

No, No, No...

Do not sign that agreement. You can make your first sound decision right now by saying NO WAY.

Sounds ridicules to me. If you are going to have the kids Monday to Friday it should be joint.

Please be aware that a Judge is reluctant to change any custody status unless there is a reason big reason. If you ex husband wants to keep sole custody he will not have to do much in the courts once he has that agreement.

Plus he could pull the kids from you any time since he has sole custody.

This board is FILLED with mothers who temporally gave up some rights and never got them back.

Please DO NOT sign that agreement.

TALK to a layer immediately.
sadmom@pa

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do NOT sign! Don't trust him to give those kids back; it will be too easy to say since I've had them already, I should keep them. It will and probably will happen, like that. If you can, please get a good attorney ASAP. Shocked
Carmon

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: No Way Reply with quote

Don't sign that paper. Get a lawyer. Exclamation
aabigbee

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not sign it will come back to hunt you. If you're keeping the kids Monday thru Friday you really already have sole custody but if you sign that paper saying he has sole custody once you go to court he will use it against you and believe me it will not look good for you in court. DO NOT SIGN THOSE PAPERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: