An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need your advices!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassidy_alegado

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: I need your advices!!!! Reply with quote

Hi. I have my 8 month old baby now and she's very sweet and lovely. But I really do not know how to handle my depression every time I remember of being a single mother. My neighbors always look at me so badly. Please help me.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassidy,

Kids are the greatest joy in the world. Many women look for a husband their entire adult life and never find one – thus never having any kids – now that’s depressing. Single mothers in the US are not uncommon at all.
With the divorce rate here, it is very common.

I can only say from my experiences here in New Jersey, being a single mother at one time, I would not have traded it for anything.

Also, here, with many divorced men with kids from another marriage, meeting men is not as difficult as you may think. It actually creates a bond, looking after each others kids as they were your own.

If you have your health and a healthy child – cherish every day.

-Mary
KendraK

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be a single mom in about 2 months and have lived with my boyfriend up till just recently. He is moving all his belonging tomorrow morning and I'm very sad about the whole situation. The past 2 weeks have been the hardest I have had in a long time. Im very depressed about the situation and everyone keeps saying take care of the baby and so on... I know that is true, but its easier said then done to not let your emotions take over and act as everything is ok.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few months seems like an eternity when things are not going good, but in a few years when you can start doing things with your kids you will not even have time to be depressed. They will keep you busy and provide you with more joy then you can imagine. You won’t have the time or energy to worry about what the neighbors think.

Until then, count your blessings that you have children. Many people never know the joy.
cassidy_alegado

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: i understand you Reply with quote

KendraK wrote:
I am going to be a single mom in about 2 months and have lived with my boyfriend up till just recently. He is moving all his belonging tomorrow morning and I'm very sad about the whole situation. The past 2 weeks have been the hardest I have had in a long time. Im very depressed about the situation and everyone keeps saying take care of the baby and so on... I know that is true, but its easier said then done to not let your emotions take over and act as everything is ok.

helow ken, just want you to know that I understand your situation you have a friend in me. Me too is a single mom and still struggling to be tough in this thing thats happening to me right now. [/quote]
theworld

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went thru that stage as well, and right now you need to let yourself heal. you are in a point in your life where your child is developing a personality and it probably makes you think of those "what if's" , right now your kid is small.. and you can feel all the emotions you want... so you can heal yourself. Be angry,sad,happy,depressed, and so on. as soon as you see your child becoming aware of your moods.. always be happy. It will become a part of you. and one day you will not even remember what you were depressed about. Smile

but today you can cry.

wish you the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: