An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single and Alone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KendraK

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Single and Alone Reply with quote

Im 30 and 6.5 mo pregnant. My boyfriend just left me saying he want in love with me anymore. Im lost and don't know what to do yet.
tigah_72

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: My advice Reply with quote

Is to take it one day at a time. Try to stay calm for the baby's sake... Your health right now is the main concern! I feel for you, I'm 36 years old and single...the father doesn't want anything to do with me or the baby. I'm currently 16 weeks along. Do you have family/friends support? My family has supported me and that has helped so much! I also found programs to sign up for... WIC has been very helpful!
KendraK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have also joined WIC to help out with medical and some coupons. I try to stay calm and try not to get stressed its just so very hard especially when Im due really soon. My family try's to help as much as they can but like they say they don't know how I feel cause they are not in the situation. I feel alone and I have to manage a house, bills and all by myself. It going to be a struggle.
tigah_72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: I understand Reply with quote

I understand completely. I'm scared as well but I know I can do it! I know you can do it too! There are programs through the gov't to help pay for childcare, food, and housing. Have you looked into that? I know you're in a different state... but it never hurts to try....

It is scary, I do agree. I'm not as far along as you but I'm getting anxious myself. But, I take it one day at a time and try not to focus on 'being alone'. Sure, you're going through the break up right now and that's always hard. It will get easier for you in that respect.

I wish you good luck. We all need it! Smile
KendraK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst part is I just found out he is with an other woman and has been for about a month. He lies to me about being with her and drives around with her in our truck. My heart just aches! I cry all the time and he just lies and hate it and it makes me hate him!
tigah_72

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: I'm sorry... Reply with quote

But I'm glad you found this out now than later. Make sure you are still eating and sleeping as much as you can. Not lecturing you just reminding you to take care of yourself in this hard time. You can do it! I left my boyfriend because he is lazy and isn't working. He didn't like it that too much and a few weeks ago, he emailed me, threatening to kill me and himself. The next day he apologized but said he wants nothing to do with the baby. (all in emails)
He'll regret that, but I hope he stays out of the picture! I'm keeping the emails for later use if needed. I didn't report him because he doesn't even have a car to come after me. He's on disability when I think he can actually work. He expected me to take care of him and the baby. No thanks.

Think about that bundle of joy coming your way. Boy or girl? Did you pick out a name? What things do you have for the baby?
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendra, Iím not surprised to hear about the other woman. Something didnít seem right about him leaving. He, like a lot of men, sounds like a creep.

Not that this will help either one of you, but 10 years ago I was in the exact same situation. My sonís father did not want anything to do with me when I was pregnant. I had the baby on my own. Fortunately, I met a wonderful man who Iím married to now, that treats my son like his own and we have another child together.

My sonís father has never married and canít keep a girlfriend. He was a creep then and he is a creep now. I thank god we did not stay together.

Mary
KendraK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The baby is a girl and Im still trying to think of names. Mia, Kayla and Alexis are my runner ups.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A girl !!! That is wonderful. I like Kayla and Alexis.

There is a a list of Baby Girl Names on this site, if you need any more.

http://www.searchmothers.com/features/feature_girls_baby_names.php
tigah_72

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Wow, a girl! Reply with quote

I don't know what I'm having... I like your choice of names. I find out next month what I'm having, hopefully.

I like Sara Elizabeth for a girl...or Sierra Elizabeth. Not sure which.

Benjamin for a boy, can't decide on a middle name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: