An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having a bad day...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigah_72

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Having a bad day... Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm here today to cry and whine. I'm scared today. I found an apartment that would be wonderful and cheap for me and the baby but they do credit checks and I won't pass. I'm trying to fix the messes on my credit report but it takes time. Its frustrating because I have money saved up to move (the place I live in now is not suitable for a baby) and I'm ready to go! I hope I can find a place that I can afford and that doesn't do credit checks. I just need a break. And, today, I'm down in the dumps. Been crying. Feel like a mess... I done stupid things with money and now I'm paying for it. I'm trying to take it day by day but today is a bad day for me. Mom keeps telling me to quit worrying today, to relax and things will work out. I want the best for my baby and I'm really trying. You would think being 36 years old would help but it doesn't. I feel so alone today. Maybe you can make me feel better. So far, I've done well with being hopeful and happy but today, I'm crushed. I'm sure hormones don't help either.

So much to do, and I'm overwhelmed.

Sad
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are so down. Not sure about your current place, but the first year of a babyís life, they donít need much room. As a matter of fact, they need to be near their mother. So maybe a really small place, even a one bedroom may work out for you for a year until you can clean some stuff up.

Things do pass and you have to climb out of a hole one step at a time.
katie66

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some times things can turn out to be a blessing. I had a baby at 38 as a single mom. I made the decision to have the baby and try to raise him myself.

Well, a few years later, I met someone, who Iím married to now. We tried to have a baby together and could not, even with fertility.

So, for me it was a blessing. My son is the only child of my own I will ever have. I love him to death and would not trade him for the world. I feel bad I could not give my husband his own child, but he does not seem to mind.

Any child is a blessing Ė although it does not always seem that way.

Last edited by katie66 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigah_72

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thank you everyone...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one out here! You both made me feel better. I had a good weekend so that lifted my spirits. My Mom had a get together today for Easter and it was nice. She is really good about giving me pep talks when I'm down. I know I'll be okay, just have to take it one day at time.

Thanks again!
KendraK

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish you lived closer. I have plenty of room and need a roomate to help with the bills. I don't know to many people that would want to share a home with a mommy to be... An other option is to see if you can find someone to cosign for you for the first year till you get things situated.
sumitashetty

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Be happy! Smile is the best medicine in the world! Reply with quote

Hey ! I am really feeling bad and sorry for your condition! but you should remember that you have a beautiful baby in your belly, who is waiting to come to this world! And when he /she arrives , your life would be more beautiful and you will be more happier! So just live by the bad times, good times are not far off, as every cloud has a silver lining!! So just engage yourself in some activity or other! Then you wont think about anything else then! my friend had a same situation, then her psychologist guided her to do yoga, as she couldn't go outside, I gifted her Saregama Prenatal Yoga with Lara Dutta from hushbabies!! It is a powerful tool for to-be mothers. It caters to the need of a pregnant woman as her body undergoes various changes during the period.It envisages and encourages the mind-body harmony and creates deep relaxation and rejuvenation. it has a duration of 50 minutes! She totally loved it!! every morning when she gets up! She does that, and she told me, it is so soothing and peaceful!! So even you can try yoga! It would really help you coming out of depression!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: