An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You want to see more You have to pay more.. ARE YOU KIDDING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotmama0119

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: You want to see more You have to pay more.. ARE YOU KIDDING Reply with quote

I need some advice. I lost the battle for custody of my kids.. There father gets 42% of my income a month which is way more than the law and I pay dayare which wasn't in the papers. So it is more like over 50% of my monthly income goes to him. Oh and the best part is he gets the check when I have the kids for the weekend.. My questions is what am I to do. I ask to see the kids one extra day a week and he tells me I have to pay the cell phone bill for the kids the. Per my parent agrement I am to be able to reach the hids 7/24/365 so he wouldn't get a house phone so he got my 3 year old a cell phone to talk to mommy. Now he says I have to pay for it and I have to pay more for daycare. Remind you this came right after I asked for another weekday. WHAT DO I DO?????? HELP??????
KendraK

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to a lawyer, that just doesn't sound right. I worked at a family law firm for a few months and i seen things like that all the time. You should be able to adjust your support and visitation if you feel it is not going as intended. If you are strapped for cash look into Pro bono for your county. I feel judges try to look at all ends you will just have to prove and show the financials and the phone issue. I feel your pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: