An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovemykiddos85

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: I need help please! Reply with quote

I believe that fathers are getting the upper hand with the courts. I am going through a terrible time with my sons father. Ever since I told him I was pregnant he accused me of cheating and denied our son. I filed for custody and he wanted to take our son away from me. The courts denied him because I was nursing. But then they turned around and said if I want to continue to nurse I have to give the father all supplies (including expressed milk). He was only granted to see our son one day a week 4 hours at a time. Which he never does. There is always some excuse as to why he can't come see him. Now I am in a situation where I live with my mom and my two kiddos. My mom is being transfered out of state. I have no where else to go but to go with her. I gave my sons father a call to let him know what was going on and he wouldn't agree with me on anything. I was even nice enough to say he can have more visitation and he said he wont agree with me on anything. I then said to him so you want me and the kids to live in my car. He then hung up on me (how grown up of him). I went to the courthouse and paid for an Order to Show Cause and am going to be heard by a judge. I was told that the judge could just hand my son over to him and say I can only have visitation. I don't feel its right because my sons father has never been apart of his life. He missed his first christmas, his first birthday, and everyday in between. But now all of a sudden he wants him because I'm having to move.

If anyone has any advise please let me know. Im losing my mind!
Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: