An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drinking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnancy and Childbirth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KendraK

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Drinking Reply with quote

Obviously drinking while pregnant is known to be a bad thing. I know when our parents were having us they were doing it and we turned out ok. If you drink a beer once in a blue moon after your 6mo how bad is it? I tried finding info online about it but nothing about what Im looking for.
KendraK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still seeing if anyone will respond. I guess this board is not as favored as the others.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendra,

I've been on this board for a long time. Sometimes it's busy - but not often enough. It would be nice if more mothers would try to help each other out.

Anyway, I believe as you that a beer now and then should be fine, but that's just my feeling. I guess if you could hold off a few months until you have your baby, you could not go wrong.

Here is an article I found for you. But, like most they all are overly dramatic about the dangers.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1170.asp
KendraK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I guess I am looking for how the effects of drinking effect the mother and child at the different trimester stages. Like is it worse to drink during the first and second then third or vise versa. I will keep looking.
Thank you.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do the smart thing and don't drink. I mean is it such a big deal for you to be told it is okay so you don't feel guilty about having a beer... Good lord, you are pregnant for 9 months... don't drink a beer and ensure that there are no effects on the child you are carrying...

I am a smoker... but I don't smoke when I am pregnant. And I can guarantee that drinking is just as bad if not worse then smoking while you are pregnant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnancy and Childbirth All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: