An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAN A DEADBEAT DAD GET FULL CUSTODY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aouaki

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: CAN A DEADBEAT DAD GET FULL CUSTODY? Reply with quote

Hello ladies, this is my first time to post a question. I am in a really disgusting situation. My husband of 7 years decided he didn’t want to be w/ me. He planned (I think for a few months) on how he was going to get out of the marriage and take as much money w/ him as possible. Before he left, he told me that we should refi our house so we could get money out to pay down some bills. He told me to get the loan in my name b/c my credit was better. I did so…In the mean time, he was dating his secretary and once the refi funds were placed into our joint acct. he transferred out all $86,000 into a secret acct. and left me. He already had an apartment waiting for him which his mistress helped him set up etc…My ex makes about $11,000 per month. However, he does not want to pay the court ordered child support of $2,000 per month and is in arrears of $18,000+. So, his new attorney (which happens to be female) are trying to go for full custody of our 2 girls. I’ve read profiles on my ex’s attorney and reviews say she is “pro dad”. His attorney and him have requested a 730 evaluation b/c my ex says that I am “unstable” – another tactic I think men use to try and get custody so they don’t have to pay child support.

So, my question is: what chance does my ex have of getting custody of our 2 girls? I have to add, my husband is a pot head. He has a “doctor’s note” saying that he can use medical marijuana. He obtained this “note” only after I brought it to the court’s attention of his drug use. Also, he has a baby with his mistress. They have been together for 3 years now.

The 730 evaluator was selected by my ex’s attorney during one of the court proceedings. His attorney was really persistent that this particular evaluator oversee the case. So, I signed off on it but after realized that his attorney and this evaluator probably are friends or something of that nature. I am going to go back to the court and ask the judge to appoint another evaluator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: