An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are Mothers still favored in the courts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the state... In California, it is a mother's state. Brittney did her own damage to herself with her kids... that fact is that you can just look at Brittney. What she did to lose her kids she did in the public eye.

It also depends on the Judge you get too. If you get a male judge that just went through a divorce and didn't do well. He will most likely lean more for the father then the mother.

The fact is that everyone is human, and people's experiences will be apart of the ruling. Also, mother's walk into court rooms thinking they win automatically no matter what. That isn't true. Mom's think that they have all the rights, and can do anything they want with the kids, and that the fathers just have to deal with it, and what they don't get is that you can't just decided on your own that a father isn't good for your child and deny him time with his kid. Or take the child away from his father for failure to pay support. Like a bargaining chip... "pay me or you can't see the baby"...

All that looks bad on the mom and that makes a judge think that you are not the best person to have the child for the majority of the time.
JEWELSGGG

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: CAN A FATHER DO THIS Reply with quote

I have a question... my ex is trying to enroll our daughter in school (kindergarden) 35 miles away from where I live. I already have her enrolled and she spends the majority 68% of the time with me,, im the primary parent. He is doing this to get more custody time and pay less child support,, please help !!!! and give me piece of mind

thank you all !!! Confused Confused
Still in Love

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take him back to court.
Still in Love

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are the custodial parent, then he is oversteping his bounds. If he will not stop trying to place your child in a school that is not at the custodial parents home, then you are going to need the judge to say he has too.

You can go in and file for a modification due to school starting stating that you have already enrolled your child in a school at your home since you are the primary custodial parent and your husband is trying to enroll him/her in a school that is more then 35 miles from your home and that you would like a more set schedule for your child in visitation since school is starting and that your ex can have him every other weekend from friday to sunday, and one over night on a third weekend from saturday afternoon till sunday and one dinner visit a week... thus giving him 75% of your child's time... also giving him 2 weeks vacation in the summer... or if you are willing offer him one month of the summer break and half of xmas and the spring break.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: