An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-custodial moms who voluntarily gave up custody???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lgoldman

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Non-custodial moms who voluntarily gave up custody??? Reply with quote

I'm a writer with a national women's magazine. We're doing a big story on women who have voluntarily given up custody of their children, either because they wanted to purse their careers or they knew it was the right thing for the kids. Too often non-custodial moms are branded and stereotyped as unfit. But there's another side of the story we want to examine...women who defy "the rules" to do what's best for them and their kids.

If you are in your 20s, 30s, or early 40's (our target audience age demo), and are experiencing this now or have experienced this, and are willing to share your story with our readers, please email me.

Thank you.

lgoldman@hearst.com
nbscribner

State or Province: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Just found this forum. Are you interested in speaking with Canadian mothers? Otherwise, I am 46 which seems to be outside of the age group of focus..
lgoldman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: To the Canadian Non-Custodial Mom Reply with quote

Yes, I'd love to hear your story. Please contact me at lgoldman@hearst.com

How can I reach you?

--Lea
sperez

State or Province: Arkansas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Article Reply with quote

Hello,

I don't know if it's too late to reply. I have been in the situation when I was in my twenties.

Thanks
devinsmommy2002

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been going through nothing but disappointment, heartache, and guilt for the past 4 years. The decision I made, I will always regret!! Are you still looking for someone to share thier story? I live in Florida and I am a 26 year old, non- custodial Mother. Sad
lgoldman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: SPEREZ Reply with quote

Drop me a line--interested in talking to you about your story...

Lea Goldman
Marie Claire Magazine
lgoldman@hearst.com
lgoldman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: SPEREZ Reply with quote

Drop me a line--interested in talking to you about your story...

Lea Goldman
Marie Claire Magazine
lgoldman@hearst.com
RoseMarie77

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: I have a story Reply with quote

Hi I have a story for you, iam actually in this situation right now and have been for some years now, I'm 31 years old and am not the custodial parent, if you are interested in hearing my story i am more than willing to give it.
jcraven

State or Province: Kentucky

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: i gave up my children Reply with quote

5 yrs ago, my ex husband and I got into legal problems, I gave what I thought at the time was temporary custody to my sister. Late to find out that she filed for full custody, I couldn't fight it. I was in no position to. I have since gotten divorced, changed my entire life around, going to school, and still don't have custody of children. Yes, it was the best decision at the time, but now all I want is my two children home with me.
silversmith

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Hardest decision EVER!!!! Reply with quote

Just found this post...are you still taking stories?
fifacoins07

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: pertaining to tosight as well as Reply with quote

Your trot of your respective pertaining to tosight as well as steadiness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: