An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I the only one???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are unbelievably selfish. Why should his children suffer financially just because their mother dissolved the marriage? It wasn't THEIR fault! I get so tired of adults in these situations forgetting about the reason for child support: THE CHILDREN. If you didn't want money from your ex, then fine. But don't try to persuade your husband to not support his kids too!
cabb5560

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you momof3 - I was a single mother and I also refused to collect money from a loud mouth idiot who thought he could control me - I didn't need that in my life. If he didn't want to support his child then let him deal with it later on in life. Uou're right about the anger, suzanne29, that's why I never pursued support. I did it myself and so did a lot of friends - your children DO SEE the anger, why put them through that. I guess we're real selfish even though our kids grew up fine.
Ipayall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE HAD IT! It's been 10 years already and my X biological NEVER has to follow the court order I was never married and choose to raise the child by myself. I had a decent job but why does the STATE act like I am the only one that brought this child in to the world????? It's just amazing! I finally have another court order that I got when I moved away from Chicago to Central IL BUT it's NEVER enforced? I Payed 2 lawyers to get this done and YET he never makes weekly payments NOR does he pay 100% reimbursement of Health insurance which I covered FULLY the first 10 years of his life but got a new court order which he is required to PAY but they do NOTHING?? I have had it! This deadbeat has money and has been hiding his income so he does not have to pay! BUT tell me why does he have all these visitation rights??? There should be a mandated law saying if they don't PAY they DON'T GO! Sorry I am venting and I am tired of the laws that are NEVER enforced when it comes to CS!
litlmommy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

momof3, I am a single mom of 3 also. But I am the non-custodial parent. Because of stupidity on my part, my ex got custody. My ex is money hungry (he is also remarried to the woman he was sleeping with during our marriage). I was ordered to pay support for my two daughters that he had custody of, with him making twice as much as me and more hours. This judge DID NOT order him to pay me support for the one daughter I had. I understand how you feel. I have also been on both sides as my ex used to have to pay for his oldest daughter from a previous marriage. I do agree with you.
tysmom1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a woman of ignorance would write such an appaling statement. While you may think that a man has a right to live, tell me this, would it be appropriate for a man to neglect his child of the highest standard of living so that he may have the finer things in life. I was raised to believe that children are the most precious gift and that most loving parents want more for their children than what they had, and most give more than they can really afford to do. You chose not to take child support from your ex-husband, as far as I see it that wasn't your choice. The money was for your children who were entitled to it and what gave you the right to deprive them of a better lifestyle?
sic4mekaykay

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Am I the only one??? Reply with quote

Dag,,,,I don't know where to start with you! And I can believe this is coming from another woman. If he gotta work five jobs to take care of his kids then that's what he has to do. Those kids are only kids and shouldn't suffer because there parents couldn't work it out. He made those kids and now those kids are way more important than you as well as him. How dare you even think of such idotic thing to say. Let him work one job and you pay the other half of us child support, since you are so concerned for his well being. Heck, tell him to go take some college courses to boost up that salary! Please reply maybe you didn't understand the real ignorance of all you typed.
christie

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarissa ann gayton wrote:
im sorry ladies, but something is very wrong with this pitcher!o.k. let me explain it this way
MAN;WOMEN......CHILD.this child is a result from
both people;therefore,both people should be responsible for raising that child.just because you were unhappy and did not want to be married anymore,doesnt mean he is no longer responsible
for his child/children.so you are telling me that if my husband beat me on a daily basis,and
i decided to leave the marriage,he should get out his support responsibility?? people leave marriages all the time,but it doesnt mean you leave your children or the responsibility of helping support them

Exactly! It doesn't matter if this Father is working 2 jobs, or is a millionaire...bottom line, he is their "FATHER", and it is his responsibility to support them. She needs to approach their situation with a different attitude, ie: "What a wonderful man she has found, that is stepping up to the plate and fulfilling his financial obligation to his children." Just because she wrote her children's support off, doesn't mean he should.
myblueangels

State or Province: Kansas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't beleive this!! If you chose not to get support for your kids from thier father, that is your problem, but the law clearly states that BOTH parents have an equal responsibility in raising thier child...........a child deserves to be supported by both parents.........so you chose to leave the marriage, how is that fair to your kids?

As for your new husband, no court around would make him pay child support FAR above his income.............and if they did and he didn't fight it, that was his problem!!! Sounds like you just want him to support YOUR kids and not his own.

I beleive everyone has a right to live, but I am so sick and tired of dead beat parents making children, then saying its not thier problem to pay for them.............BULL, its BOTH and if that person decides to remarry to someone who has kids from someone else, the burdon should not fall entirely on that "new" spouse to support anothers kids, while not supporting his own kids.

I am tired of people like you assuming because a mother gets child support for her kids that she is lazy. I have a good job, but my child deserves support from BOTH parents!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like that, that is just too bad, if you don't like that your husband has to support his kids, too bad! You don't have the right to make that decision, maybe you are just upset that he can't support you and your kids as much. He chose to have children, so he chooses to support them.
crystalclear

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa is right i'm a mother of three children as well and I always tried to work it out with the father to see his children but all he wanted to do was make our lives miserable and now he and his family took my children with their over paid attorneys and so called connections they have and deliberately terminated all my rights with my children so now I have no contact nor visitation what so ever with my children it's been four years now I always kept the door open for the jerk and he left us to be with some other woman has always cheated and always was out gambling so this is yes both ways not just one way, i'm homeless now lost my children and everything we had that I myself built he never paid child support and I did not care because me and my children were doing great and him and his family took it all from us so now i'm over 8000 dollars in child support although they terminated my rights and I have not been able to see them they still keep charging me this and I can't build my life now also he and his family abused my children and I had proof in the courts but money was justice in this case.... so it's not just mothers it's fathers too goes both ways unfortunately my life is over now thanks to him and his family I did everything I needed to do in the courts to protect my children and always kept up with their so called procedures they did not follow and always delayed on getting me a attorney and now tell me it's too late to go back to courts so this is my results from going to protect my children and standing up for our rights from these monsters.

So if anyone has any advice on what I can do now please let me know there is more to my story but it's too freaking long and to make a long story short money talks bullshit walks. Shocked
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that is totally unfair to make the children go without the support they are entitled too. I am by no means a money hungry mom but I feel your children are entitled to this. Then if you are helping your new husband with his child support then what about your children? What are they getting? I feel sorry for the kids.
anna

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to leave and take one child that was not of age yet. It was not something I wanted to do but had to for my and my daughter's safety. My ex was drunk all the time, verbally abuse, and started to get physically abuse. He would get help, till they told the problem was his drinking. His family refuse to believe he was drinking at all. I married a guy who did not drink, smoke or cruse. But, after 15 years he started to drink then everything else followed including other women. After 23 years of marriage I left because it became to a point that it was no longer safe. I did not want my daughter to lose her mother and to have her father in prison. I also did not want her to think it was okay for a guy to treat a woman like that. Sometimes no matter how much you love the person you have to leave for your safety. She is part of him and should pay child support.
jordan

State or Province: Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all single mothers leave the responiblity of raising there kids to others. I am a single mother of three and I raise them with out help. And just because a man does not pay child support does not mean every single mother in the world is on welfare.
________
[URL=http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(fifth_generation)]HONDA CIVIC (FIFTH GENERATION)[/URL]
Joe McQuay

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show what males and fathers rights are attempting to do. It will work for awhile, but not for long. Thank you using the insight, sure I learn how sorry you males are
Lampard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the men in the world and you leave your husband to take up with a guy who is financially nailed to the wall for the next 15 odd years? www.mmoign.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: