An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my ex is badmouthing me to my child

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singlemom71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: my ex is badmouthing me to my child Reply with quote

My ex husband and his wife have been telling my daughter horrible things about me. It has gotten to the point that she cannot visit with him without hearing something negative about me. It is upsetting her and I called several local agencies about putting a stop to it and no one seems to be able to help..
toothrough007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 10 year old son(whom his father has custody) has been telling me for 2 years now that his father and his family talk about me all the time. They have told him lies about me and are always sending me messages through my son to me. they tell my son that I am a no good B**CH. I am sick of this S**T. I live in FL and I want to know how to put a stop to it.
KCZMUMY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally am very concerned about this it is happening to us, my daughter is a very loving to me.But I fear that since she is only 6 she is still so impresionable. When me and my ex went back to court, and had a huge battle and basically we share joint custody. But the judge ordered that my and my mother be evaluated by a psycologist because my ex said I was talking negatively to our daughter about him. Which was not true and the psycologist agreed and released us. So now 4 months into the new joint custody issue, my daughter who is in counseling herself , tells me that her dads girlfriend gets in her face and tells her that I am a lier and plays taped conversations between her father and myself to her. And her father says other totally unappropriate negative things to her also. But what blew my mind was when another parent from my daughters kindergarden class came up to me and said that she was RSVPing for my childs party. I had not been informed of any party. And on top of it all my ex didnt even tell our daughter about this party , because he didnt want her to tell me. He invited her whole class and wasnt even inviting or telling me or my family about it. That is cruel all around , what are the other parents going to think when her mother isnt at her party. And my daughter is very confused, and upset. I brought it up to her counselor and its like there is no consequences for him. Why was it wrong when they thought I was being negative, and not this total act of alienation more of an issue.
Plus he purposly does not tell me about school functions or share information that gets sent home with my daughter from school. The judge specifically told him that he hast to make sure I get copies of everything and am included in all activities. Yet he does not. If someone
has any advice or any suggestions on how I can make this stop or make them accountable for putting me and my child in such blatent cruelty and confusion I could really use it. Thanks
Texas_Ivy10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCZMUMY:

For school notices and such, take a copy of the decree to the school, and they will begin to copy you on all shcool related notices and such.

As far as the party, I am wondering why you would want to subject yourself to the BS by being around the father and step mother? Don't you think it would be a tad uncomfortable? Sounds like they would not hesitate to make a scene and embarrass you and your daughter. Why don't you have a party for your child, invite YOUR side of the family and allow your daughter to invite a few friends for a sleep over?

As far as the bad mouthing, you can have that added into your divorce decree, then if they continue to do it, you can sue for contempt of court. My husband had to do that because his ex wife constantly bad mouths him and tells the kids all kinds of things they should never hear. My hubby and I do NOT have custody, and his children live out of state.
KCZMUMY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally had no intention on attending that party, embarrass and give dirty looks is definatly the level they would be at. Thanks for your input believe me it really helps keep my a positive moral.Smile
Traceys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this board, so I am a bit late on responding to this, but I am dealing with the same situation.

My daughter is 12. Her father moved out of state when she was 3 months old, and had no contact with her until she was 8. He then remarried, and then moved back to our city in 2002. He had never had visitation until that time, but immediately filed for full custody. He got EOW, with Wednesday evenings.

He and his wife call me every disgusting name you can think of, all in front of my daughter. When I call to speak to my daughter when she is at their home, stepmother announces my call by screaming 'the *&%# is on the phone'.

This has all been documented, and yet, no action has ever been taken in court, other than a verbal warning, and orders to attend Anger Management and Co-Parenting classes. Things have gotten progressively worse, resulting in my being physically attacked by stepmom in front of our daughter. She was charged with a misdemeanor assault, and I was charged with disturbing the peace, (I got out of my vehicle to retrieve my daughter, when I am supposed to stay in my vehicle. Saughter was arguing with stepmom,crying, and would not get in the car, trying to get her clothes that they would not return. What was I supposed to do?)

I don't know what else to do. They continue to say obscene, disgusting things about me to my daughter. She comes home from each visit a total wreck, completely stressed out. It has gone from bad to worse in 2 years, with no signs of improvement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: