An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me please on child support question..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesiana

State or Province: Arkansas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Help me please on child support question.. Reply with quote

My main question involves child support not being consistant. I have a court order for a certain amount each month. For 6 months i recieved nothing then suddenly I started to recieve a small amount each week, never the same amount. I was told from support enforcement that he lost his job and that is what has cause the problems. I am now not recieving any amount of money again and I am really just trying to figure out how to approach this, or if there is anything i can do. I know that I should be happy that I am recieving money at all for my little girl but I feel like his paying is based on whenever he feels like it. I do have a court ordered amount and there is also an outstanding balance on the case. Any comments or advice on how to approach support enforcement on this will be appreciated. :)
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take him back to court for contempt...
Jesiana

State or Province: Arkansas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken him back to court already once and everything was suposedly fixed and he started to pay regularly. I wonder if it is really worth going back again. I foresee him causing problems or just not paying just because. He always seems to be within his rights and pays as soon as he is notified. I am also having problems with him paying medical and dental, he is suppose to provide both as says from divorce decree. I have been trying for 6 months to obtain information with no luck. I am also in a different state so it makes it even more difficult since phone tag is my new favorite past time.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to take him back and file contempt charges against him, request the courts to garnish his wages directly, that it isn't working with him sending in the payments since he is doing at his leisure... also, let the court know that you still have not received the medical and dental information for the insurance, and asked that he be order to provide that immediately... make sure you provide the court with copies of all the previous court orders... and documentation that states what he is suppose to pay and provide for medical and dental.

Also request the court to seize his assests if he can't provide the support that he is required to.
twinsplus1

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: I have been there!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I had to fight with my kids father over a year and cost me $10,000 lawyer fees... I took him back to court so many times and then like you he gave me different amounts and what you do is you report to your agency if your child support goes through an agency what you have been getting. If you don't have an agency that it goes through then you have no choice if you want and need that money your going to have to take him to court honey.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: