An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intrauterine Insemination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers By Choice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dicey123

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Intrauterine Insemination Reply with quote

I am 25 years old and I want to have a child. I want to have intrauterine insemination done. Some people say I should wait because I am still young and might meet someone soon. I want to do it now because my menstrual cycle is not normal, one minute I don't come on for along time and then sometimes I bleed all the time.(regular menstrual cycle and spotting for months) Everytime I go to my obgyn and explain this I get blood test and a pelvic ultrasound and they tell me everything is ok. I also want to do it because If I wait until I meet someone I still have to wait for the person to want to get married and then wait for them to want to have a child. I have made an appointment at shady grove fertility and my appointment is two weeks from now. Bacisically I want to get some opinions about my situation and how much does it usually cost and will the procedure be painfull because I never had sex before and never had a pelvic exam or pap test done. (Everytime I go to my obgyn she sends me to get an ultrasound done).
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you never had sex before or a pelvic exam, I think you should wait... first cause if you have sex you probably can get pregnant naturally.

Things like that tend to cost a great deal of money... and well, having a baby the natural way is free. You are only 25, it isn't like your biological clock is about to stop ticking.
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dicey123,

If you read my prior posts, I've been behind everyone on this board that has thought about this kind of thing. I thnk it's great and kids are the greatest joy in the world. I was also a single mother when my son was born and I have no regrets at all what so ever.

But, in this case, I think 25 is a little young. It may not seem like it, but you still have time to meet someone. I would wait. A good age would be 30 or close to it. By then, you will still have time on your side and it will give you more time to meet someone and enjoy your single life while you are young. Plus, men in their 30s are far more likely to accept someone with kids, so meeting someone then may not be all that difficult.

Don't take all this the wrong way, just trying to give you my honest opinion.

Good Luck with whatever you do.

-Mary
Caty

State or Province: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that you are way too young. I am the daughter of a single mother by choice. I understand when women do it after a certain age because they are running out of time, and I believe that a good mother can do it on her own as my mother did it (even though personally I don't agree with it because I know what it feels growing up without a father) but in your case you are too young still. The best thing for a child is to grow in a house with two parents and you have to consider the way that child is going to feel when he/she grow up and you should work on that first. Also, as an advice, at your age try to focus on being happy with yourself as a woman and enjoy your single years. Don't get desperate with the idea of having a child yet because first, men can feel that, and usually men like women that are happy with themselves the way they are, and by being so deperate to have a child most likely you will scare men away. Second, a child is a lot of work and economically is a big challenge so you won't be able to do many things that young people like to do if you have a child now. I suggest that you dedicate time to enjoy yourself, finish your career look for a good job, and be happy with yourself and luckily you'll be able to have a great family later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers By Choice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: