An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worried all the time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KYmotherof3

State or Province: Kentucky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Worried all the time Reply with quote

Hello, I am a single mother of three children and I am in need of advice and help. I have full custody of my two daughters and joint custody of my son who lives with his father. I constantly worry about my son because he is 10 years old, in the fourth grade, and working on a first grade level. My concerns are that me as mother I am told that I have rights but I have never been able to enforce those rights. So now I am wondering if I do have rights as a mother whose son doesn't live with her. I have tried everything under the son to help my son, but nothing I say or do is getting through to anyone. I have gone to every ARC meeting at school and my voice still isn't heard, his dad thinks there is nothing wrong with our son and in fact there is. I just want what is best for my son. I have also tried to get an advocate for my son and they say that I can't because he lives with his father. I think that is wrong. It just seems like no one wants to help my son who really does need help. A year ago in June, when I had my son for my 2 week visitation he was really out of control and I took him to a Psychologist and they diagnose it with ODD(Oppositional Defiant Disorder), ADHD, and PPD(Perphasive Developmental Disorder) which is a form of Autism. His daddy refuses to get our son more help outside of the counselor he sees at school and also is refusing to medicate him. I am at my witsí end and not sure where to go from here. Do I have rights or don't I. Can someone help me?

Thanks for listening and any help or advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KYmotherof3
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to court with the evaluations from the doctors you took him to and request a modification in custody with Primary physical and legal custody going to you... get copies of your son's report cards and levels to submit to court and request an educational evaluation to be done on the grounds that your son's father refuses to address your child's learning disabilities and denies him having anything wrong with him and that he is fine...
KYmotherof3

State or Province: Kentucky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Worried all the time Reply with quote

I would if I could afford to take him back to court but I can't. So I found out some information about doing what they call an educational guardianship, you see I want is father to still have a say but yet I need to get control before my son gets out of control. So I have a meeting with the director of special education tomorrow and I will get copies of everything that I need to file a petition for educational guardianship for my son. Thank you for your advice. I will take it into consideration as well.

Thanks Again for listening

KYmotherof3 Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: