An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GRANDPARENTS TRYING TO TAKE GRANDKIDS.....WHAT CAN I DO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GAGIRL

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: GRANDPARENTS TRYING TO TAKE GRANDKIDS.....WHAT CAN I DO? Reply with quote

I AM 30 YRS AND HAVE TWO CHILDREN, WE HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH MY PARENTS FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND I WORK ALOT SO I AM NOT HOME DURING THE WEEK BUT I AM EVERY WEEKEND AND CALL DURING THE WEEK. I AM GETTING MARRIED IN FEB SO I AM MOVING OUT OF TOWN AND I HAVE TOLD THEM WHAT I AM DOING AND THAT THE KIDS ARE MOVING WITH ME AND MY PARENTS HAVE TOLD ME THAT T HE CHILDREN ARE NOT MOVING WITH ME THAT THEY ARE STAYING WITH THEM BECASUE THAT IS THE ONLY HOME THEY KNOW. MY MOTHER IS BAD MOUTHING ME TO MY CHILDREN WHEN IM NOT THERE, AND MY CHILDREN 3 WKS AGO WAS WANTING TO MOVE WITH ME AND SUNDAY NOW ARE SAYING THAT THEY WANT TO LIVE WITH MY PARENTS AND I AM VERY HURT BECASUE I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS CHANGED SINCE THEN. PLEASE HELP ME, DO I HAVE A CHANCE OR DO MY PARENTS HAVE A CHANCE TAKING MY CHILDREN AWAY FROM ME?
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, you need to get them and you out of your parents house. Stop leaving them with your parents. Contact an attorney now and find out what the grandparent rights are. How far are you moving from them? did you intend for your parents not to have contact with you or the kids after you move.
GAGIRL

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM MOVING A HOUR AND A HALF AWAY, THE REASON THAT THEY ARE THERE IS THAT WE LIVE THERE AND THE KIDS ARE HOME SCHOOLED. MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE GRANDPARENTS RIGHT THAT THEY HAVE TO PROVE ME AS AN UNFIT MOTHER AND ALL THEY HAVE IS THAT I WORK AND IM NOT HOME DURING THE WEEK BUT ONLY ON THE WEEKENDS. I AM NOT ABUSIVE TO THE KIDS, SHE HAS GOT MY CHILDREN SAYING THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITH ME, THAT THEY WANT TO STAY WITH GRANDPARENTS. I BELIEVE THAT SHE HAS BRAINWASHED MY CHILDREN. THIS IS KILLING ME THAT MY CHILDREN DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITH ME.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your parents will do worse if you continue to stay where you are... if you intend to marry in february, then you need to see if you and him can expedite the move now. Move now, and marry then... and get your children into regular school since you are unable to provide the homeschooling yourself.

You need to make a choice. Stay there and allow your parents to continue to tell them how horrible you are for moving them from your parents and that they will never see them again, or make a stand and move now, knowing you are getting married in 5 months and get your children into regular school.

Either way... if you want to stop the issue with your parents telling the kids things while you are working... then you need to move them out of your parents influence.

Set up a video camera during the day to try to catch what your parents are doing to your kids.
tracey

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: help urgently please Reply with quote

Hi need help my son is four years old his on my surname his father has never made any attempt to see him, however the fathers mother pays child support for my son I don't have a problem with her, but do I have sole custody of my son and can my mom and his mom take my kid away I've been taking care of him myself we stay on our own and I work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: