An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am a custodial and non custodial mom.....i need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkscorpio

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: I am a custodial and non custodial mom.....i need help Reply with quote

so in 2001 i met a man and was pregnant with his baby 3 months later. I had the baby and spent 8 months raising this baby alone. no help during the pregnancy nor finacialy with raising him. he wouldnt visit or call. i had attempted to obtain child support from him through the attorney general, however during my sons 8th month i was incarserated. the father attended the child support hearing and since i was unable to be there he was awarded full custody. Shortly before my incarceration i found out i was pregnant again by him. well here we are five years later. he has never spent a day with our little girl nor have i been able to obtain child support because even though our son is at my house half the time he threatens to put child support on me for our son. so as it happens in april he broke my nose and assulted my nephew resulting in a family violence causing bodily injury charge and an additional assult charge on my nephew. his final court date is on october 22nd and he is look at up to a year locked up. he has told me that if he goes to jail hes already got it set up to where i cant get my son. i dont know if he can do this or not but im running outta time and i dont know what i can do. if he lives with me i would have to transfer him schools but i dont know what schools hes currently in and right now i see him every weekend. does anybody know what i can do, who i can contact for help or anything??? please!
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the biological mother, if the biodad goes to jail and can not care for the child... the biological mother gets first dibs so to speak on taking custody of the child.

My suggestion is that contact an attorney this week... and keep the child this weekend going in and filing for temporary full protective custody on monday morning at your local family court. State to the Judge that it is likely that your ex will be going away for up to 1 year in Jail, and has told you that he intends to send the child away where you can not find him and you have joint custody of the child.

Or you could contact the district attorney that is prosecuting your ex and explain what your ex is doing and ask that he be told in court that the child is to be turned over to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: