An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

im really in need for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raerae24

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: im really in need for help Reply with quote

im 24 yrs i have a littel boy who will be three in feb. i havent been able to see him sense june. his father wont let me have anything to do with him. all my exs wants to do is put me down and tell me i dont do anything for him so he wont allow me to be apart of his life. my ex cheated on me and has even been physical with me. he has moved into a new home with his sister her husband and her five kids along with his girlfriend and her son and now she is expecting. he has three other children besides the one she is carrying and our son and he dosnt see them or pay his child support. his girlfriend has admited to me and so has my ex that she beats on my ex. i have been looking into legal help but no one seems to return my calls i have been told that sense me and my ex where not married i actually have custody of my son. i live in dallas texas and i dont know if it works for texas and if its true when my ex is on the birth certifficate. the police where i live have once told me that they couldnt get involved but they never asked if we where married. if someone could please give me some advice i would really apreciate it. i dont want my son to be told that his mom dosnt love him anymore. so someone please help...
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the police's eyes, if your ex is on the birth certificate, possession is nine tenths of the law.

You need to file for full physical and legal custody. You need to get yourself a at least a two bedroom apartment, so that you have an adequate place you for and your son to live. Make sure that you offer reasonable visitation to your ex and state that you have been forbidden by your ex to see your son... and that it is in the best interest of your child that his primary residence be with you and your ex have reasonable visitation since he has a new child on the way, and is living with his sister, her 5 children and his girlfriend and her child in a 3 bedroom house.

Also ask for reasonable child support based on the court calculations. Do not be hurtful or vengeful in your petition... and ask legal aid to help you in writing it... also request court ordered mediation in regards to residence and the best interest of your child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: