An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rochelle_reynolds

State or Province: Minnesota

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: please help Reply with quote

i am in desperate need of help. i am the non custodial parent of my 2 children. they have been in the custody of their father since jan of 06 they were takin from me threw a chips petition which in the end was dropped. befor they were takin from me i was addicted to meth. i have been clean for almost 2 and a half years. i have had weekend visitations with them for 2 years unsupervised per court order. their father passed away this last weekend his mother now has them but not legally she is refusing my visitations. social services wont help sheriffs office will not enforce the court order. i have contacted legal aide but they are not getting back to me in a timely matter. i have been told this has to be brought back to court. i am very capable of mothering my children once again. there is no reason the courts would have to not give custody back to me. i am really lost i dont know who else to contact or wat else to do. if any one can help me or has any advise please email me or reply to this message. thank you sincerly rochelle
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to court immediately and file for full custody of your children on the grounds of the death of their biological father and parental custodian.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, after thinking about this for a few days you don't even need to go to court just yet... I you have a court order for weekend unsupervised visits, then all you need to do is go to her house to get your children on your weekend visit, if she refuses to give them to you, then just call the police and have them come out to the house and show them your court order... she has no standing in the courts eyes and can not interfere with your parental time...

Since their biological father is now deceased and he is who you would take them home too... you do not need to return them, just go with your children to court the following Monday and file for full physical and legal custody of your children due to their father passing away... and request that the childrens belongings be returned to them forth with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: