An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hole in my heart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sn5484

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Hole in my heart Reply with quote

My son's father and I share custody, we have nothing legally stating our agreements, so up until this year I was completely fine with our half and half split. Our schedule's worked out really well so we ended up getting almost the exact amount of time each week with our son Ethan. He was only in preschool which was 3 days a week so that didn't make a difference. Since he has started school full week things have changed. He goes to school in his nearer to his fathers house. I work a full time job mon-fri so my only time available for him is friday afternoon to Sunday night. It breaks my heart that he is at my house for such a limited time. His father hates talking about it because it always turns into an argument. I feel like a terrible mother when I tell people "I have him on the weekends."
Aren't mothers supposed to have their children more? I love him so much it's hard to breath when I think about it. I try to reassure myself that we have the weekend all to ourselves with no other obligations or interuptions and his father has things going on in the week that prevent him from seeing him all day. He is in school for just a few hours in the morning so when he starts full day he'll be at his fathers house even less. But that doesn't offer much comfort.
Should I try to get custody or is that just for selfish reasons? He has a great father and I am a great mother so it doesn't seem like a good idea to go to court incase it backfires.
Am I a terrible mother for not having him more than I do? Any responses are welcome, I just wanted to get this out of my own head and hear it from other perspectives.

Thank you so much
Sarah
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not move closer to the school you want your son to go to, and take him more...???/ Cause when your child goes to full day school at age 5 for kindergarden and up... the custodial parent will be the one that the child resides with for school purposes... and you need a court order. Cause without one... then he could one day say... nope you need to take me to court to get weekends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: