An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When does a kids right count

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deb

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: When does a kids right count Reply with quote

MY ex is one who has always paid his child support. and always done the every other weekend thing. the problem is that he is a controlling manipulative person. when the kids were small they were very easily controlled. He had not taken his 6 weeks in the summer untill three years ago....when the kids were old enough not to need day care. now that the kids are older and have begun to form their own opinions he has become quite uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mean. my daughter got her nosed periced with my permission a very small stud. he blew a gasket, he told her if she didn't take it out he was going to come to my house and beat every adult there with in an inch of our lives and calling 911 would do no good because we lived so far out that the EMT's would not make it in time. that was the beginig. He tells them that they are not aloud to have opions, he uses pressure points to inflict pain to get them to agree with him.a few months ago the kids snuck oout of his houseand came home , he didn't even know till I called him to let him know they were safe. THe kids have refused to see him, they say they are afraid of him. he now is taking me to court for contempt , refuseing to let him see the kids. My atturney has filled for change of parenting time order 2 months ago but i still have no court date yet.I have taken the kids for counseling and the kids and the counseler have requsted him to come to counseling but he refuses, he says his lawer recomended he doesn't probably because they filed a protective services report. the kids are 16 will be 17 in Jan and 14 will be 15 inFeb when do their rights count and what are their rights
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most courts will take in to consideration what the child wants at around age 12... I know that texas is 15. The children get a choice I am pretty sure at your children's ages.

I would ask your lawyer to expedite the process of getting you a court date...

Ask him to file an emergency custody order giving you full custody if you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: