An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tired of "Fathers" rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doreetha Wheatley

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Tired of "Fathers" rights Reply with quote

My Cousin's daughter was practically stolen. Seven years of Victoria's seven year llife she resided with her mother and sister in Chicago with no support from her father. Although countless efforts were made to involve her fathers they were to no avail. Now because he was forced to pay the IRS back for claiming a child that never resided with him, he gets angry and can have Victoria removed from her MS home. True my cousin crossed state lines with her daughter that she struggle and raise alone but because she didnt ask a deadbeat for permission he can take a child screaming and kicking from school without one notice to her mother. I believe Fathers should have rights, but true parents should not be disregarded for the right that some deadbeat threw away the day thier child was born. This is an injustice and now my cousin has left her home,child, and fiance in MS to fight just to see her child. This man doesn't care that his daughter cries every night for her mother and sister he just wants revenge.How can he put an order of restraint against a "perfect"mom. No contact? On what grounds? Where is the help We spent all we had retaining a lawyer who's misrepresenting her fighting for visitation. She didn't forsake all for Visitation. She wants her baby back. Is there help?It takes more than a call 3 times a year to raise a child.It takes more than lies and quarterly visits to Chuck E Cheeses to raise a child. Where are the rights of the Mother's that are working 2 jobs to feed and clothe their child while "daddy" is out making more babies he don't want to take care of?
punk182

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so horrible. That makes me sick!! I'm so tired of "father's" rights too! That's not right. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I wish that mothers had more of rights than fathers. It just makes sense!!

I found out i'm 6 weeks pregnant and I would love to have more rights than the baby's father!! I think it SHOULD be that way. He doesn't have a job. and he lives on a bad side of a really ugly town and he just can't raise this baby...

I found a wonderful family that would LOVE to have my baby. I've known them for so long and I know they would be able to raise it. They have the finances and they have really great morals and my baby would have a wonderful future with two parents that would love him or her soooo much.

He told me to shut up about it and that he's going to fight for the baby with everything that he has and it's just so frustrating...it's not fair. i just wants what's best and he's just being a jerk.

Why does a woman have the choice to have an abortion and the man has no say in it...but all of a sudden when it's born, he has all these rights???
IT'S SOOOO NOT FAIR.

If I absolutely can't do that adoption thing. I would keep my baby. It would be hard, but I know I would care for it way better than he would. I just wish he'd think of they baby's best interests than try to be involved and just make everything difficult. Sad

I feel for you about the Father's rights though...I think the mother should have more rights.

and in your cousin's case, i'll be praying for that situation. I hope everything turns out okay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: