An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

out of state visitation and sports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serenap

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: out of state visitation and sports Reply with quote

I have sole custody of my 6 year old son, but I allow him to see his father frequently. yet, his father has recently moved out of state (3 hrs away). His father said that I am legally responsible to meet him half way for visitations. Is this true? Also his father is upset that my son plays sports because he can't visit him now as often. What would a judge say about these issues? Does anybody know????
Khrys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your ex husband have visitation rights? If not, then he has no grounds to gripe.
isabelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DO NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT MY INFANTS TRAVELLING OUT OF STATE FOR VISITATION...CAN I PUT OPPOSITIONON THIS MATTER?
liteshoe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused and need help. My son's father recently moved to Florida again. He's only paid support for year, but previously he's been inconsistent with this matter. He lived in Michigan(about an hour from Indiana) and he never called to talk to his son. He's very selfish. When it was convenient for him to have his son for the weekend, he never did anything with him. Now he's moved to Florida and now wants his son to visit all of Christmas break,Spring Break, and Summer. I am really concerned because I don't want him to go visit him, for fear that he won't come back. I hear Florida doesn't really help in Child Support cases, so I don't know what I am going to do. Please let me know what his rights and mine are.
LMP_1981

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what I am supposed to do. My sons father is living in Nebraska and I have moved in with my parents here in IN. I am 3 months pregnant with our second child. He has decided that he doesnt want me to have any phone number or address to contact him if I need to. He says I can contact him through his mom or dad. He is also asking when I will let our son come spend a few weeks with him and he is 2. He put his hands on me and I am afraid of what he is capable of doing. His parents tried to take my son away from me when he was 9 months old in the state of Texas and that got thrown out. I just dont want them taking off with him. What rights do we both have in this situation. I dont want my son not to see his father but I want to be there. He lives so far away its a problem.
cucalynn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serenap,

In Michigan if the father moves away first, it is my understanding that, it is his responsibility to come to pick the child up and return the child. If both parents moved you would have to meet half way. I don't know if other states are different, But that is how it is in MI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: