An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello...question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinkle23

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Hello...question... Reply with quote

I don't want to sound harsh but the system is being quite unfair and some of the stories I read is so heartwrenching but is anyone out there willing to do what it takes to get the unfairness heard? It burns me up to know how women and children are being treated. Are we just going to come to the forum for years and complain or actually do somethng about it? It's not easy but you have to start somewhere.....comments.....suggestions.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do something, but in the fairness you also have to think about the dad's... in the grand scheme of things the stories on this site and others that are so tragic are just barely one percent of the percentages of the country.

Fathers were treated pretty unfairly throughout the ages in repect to the fact that it was believed that Fathers could not nuture or raise children and were only given a minimal amount of time with their kids if they divorced...

The problem is that now that they realize that men can do it, they are trying to alienate the mothers to prove it.

what really needs to happen is that the courts and the Judges need to be educated in family law better and in human nature so that they can make the right decision based on the best interest of the child... also, no judge that knows any part of either side should be allowed to make this decision.

I realize that this isn't the total support that you would like to see... but Dad's do have rights too, and whether or not you were or weren't married, the child is half his too... and he has a right to have time with his child, and bond with it just like the mother does.

I don't agree with the 50% split as that isn't what is in the best interest of any child to be shifted all the time from one house to the other, but Fathers should be given something like every other weekend, and time for vacations and holidays too.

And I think that Judges should be able to see the scaming ones that go in there that are just being spiteful due to having to pay support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: