An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you meet men?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momfirst

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: How do you meet men? Reply with quote

Being a new single mother, how do I meet men. The bar scene just does not seem to be the right place to meet a well balenced man. Also, I have found a lot of men do not want to bother with women that have children even if they have children themselves?
jasonsmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a single mother also, and I found a mate. We met at work, and I wasn't even looking. That is the trick if you are looking to hard you are not going to find what you are looking for. Let it come to you and I am sure things will work out for the best for you and your child.
clarissagayton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a single mother of 4 children all under the age of 4;6 month old twins;a 3-1/2 year old,and a almost 5 year old!i work part time,and i am in nursing school.i dont really have time to date;to be honest,i am really focused on my career right now.i manage to get asked alot though.a couple of people from school(even an instructor) has asked me out.i agree with you on the bar scene!i know you might think i am crazy,but i even went to yahoo personals on yahoo.com and posted a profile with my pitchure.
my beginning line started out like this"dont even bother to read this ad if you dont like kids"!i also stated that i would prefer to meet someone who had children because they would be more understanding about my children.you would really be surprised how many single fathers are out there that dont have time to go out to meet anyone.(yes!! they are some good men out there)
i just wasnt lucky enough to find one!!you wouldnt belive the replys i got to my ad!!just an idea.
MotherOfTwoGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a single mom all of my adult life...literally! Meeting men is one of the most challenging things I've encountered. I think it's a matter of patience. I've come to find that meeting men to date right off is the wrong approach. Make friends. Learn about the person from the inside-out and then figure out if you think a dating relationship would work. The hardest part about dating for me is the fact that it takes time away from my girls and if the man ends up being somebody I'm not interested in, I've wasted time. That's only my opinion, but as a long time single mom, I've come to realize that I'm a different species to most men and I don't want to waste my time or take time away from my children for just anybody.
californiamom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met mine on aol love 3 years ago..
But to be honest the tough love that I have experienced sucks...Secrets that I told my X..Deep secrets..I will never share again.
cute momma 2 angels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meet men on aol and yahoo...
I met my ex hubby on yahoo and after him quickly learned to really screen guys so I didn't end up with another physco. I'm really careful that any guys I meet, don't meet my kids (my son bit one guy cause he didn't like him). I don't have to worry anymore though, I'm currently dating and the possibilty of marriage is in sight!
JanetM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to belive that us woman are as shallow as men. Most of my friends who are still single pass up on some great guys because they may not be good looking enough for them. When they do meet a good looking guy it usually ends badly. I have been lucky to meet a great man who is a great step father to my son. I can only hope there are a few mroe like him out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: