An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teenage Son not accepting me dating mother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpricha

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Teenage Son not accepting me dating mother Reply with quote

I am dating a great woman and she has two wonderful children, they are 13 (son) and 6 (daughter). We both care about each of greatly but we are having issues with her 13 year old accepting me. He tells his mother that he knows he wants her to be happy and that he likes me but hates me. What is happening now is that I can not be at that house or with them if he is there because he gets upset. We have been dating for 9 months now and we both are serially in love with each other but it is difficult sometimes and we would like to find a way to get her son to accept me. He is a great kid, very intelligent for his age but in one way still a 13 older. Please help us in anyway possible.

Thank you
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is entitled to have a relationship and maybe you and mom could sit down with just him and let him know taht he is 13 and in 5 years he will be gone away to college and is mom suppose to sit home alone just to make him happy or doesn't she deserve to have happiness in her life as well...

You could consider counselling to find out what is upsetting him... does he see his dad? Maybe his dad is putting it into his head that if you and his mom marry, y'all won't let him be his father anymore.
brettstephanie

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some teens it is normal to act this way, they are just having second thoughts on how will you be as their father or will you replace the position of their dad.

I suggest you should bring him to a counselling therapy to be able to know what upsets him.

Have a sit down and a calm conversation with him and his mom, if possible his dad too. You try to explain to him what will happen and what is going on. They will absolutely understand it. It is hard for a teen having a vague thought about his family, it may cause him to become rebellious someday if not given the proper action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: