Joined: 05 May 2009
State or Province: Other
|Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:35 pm Post subject: Happy mothers day to all stay-at-home moms!!!
|Hello moms! I have a gift for all of you on mother's day..
Here it is...
Heart-shaped butter cake
Ingredients (serves 1)
* Melted butter, to grease
* 60g butter, at room temperature
* 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
* 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
* 150g (1 cup) icing sugar mixture
* 25g butter, extra, at room temperature
* 1 tbs hot water
* 2 drops pink food colouring
* Sugar flowers, to decorate
* Queen Writing Fudge White Chocolate, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a heart-shaped 17cm (base measurement across the widest part), 4-cup capacity cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
2. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until combined.
3. Sift the flour over the egg mixture and add the milk. Use a large metal spoon to fold until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Sift the icing sugar into a medium bowl. Add the butter and water, and stir until well combined and smooth. Add the food colouring and stir until well combined. Spoon the icing onto the centre of cake and spread to the edge, allowing a little to run over the side. Arrange the flowers on top of the cake. Use the writing fudge to write "Mum" in the centre. Set aside until the icing is set.
Happy mother's day...