An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help soon my x going to Kuwait in 16 days!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CherylSue

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: need help soon my x going to Kuwait in 16 days!!!! Reply with quote

Help. I have joint custody with my x husband who is remarried with a son. We had a meeting and while he is gone he wants the kids to spend half of their time with her he doesnt want anything changed. well first i said no then thought about kids and told him that i would let the kids spend 2days a week with her . i talked with the kids and they said that was fine . Well he changed his mind again and said that was not good enough. Am i right in saying i don't have to share any time with her while he is gone? Is there anyway he can sign any rights over to her so she gets to keep visitation? I am the the mom shes not on any legal papers saying she has any rights whatsoever. Monday i am filing to take physical custody of kids while he is gone. I just need opinions anybody please anybody help me.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are right, she has not visitation rights to your children with your ex husband... if she were to divorce him, you children would not visit her to see their siblings... You can tell him that since these are your kids with him and he will be unavailable to see them, then he can take the 2 days a month or nothing at all... file your paperwork and get the court order.
aabigbee

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree if he is gone you don't have to let her see your child you the child has visitation with him and not the step mom. That is your choice make sure you read your visitation order good because sometimes they try to throw a loop hole in it. He may come back from Kuwait and try to get all the days back that he missed. Good Luck to you
Sommer41

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: need help soon my x going to Kuwait in 16 days!!!! Reply with quote

CherylSue wrote:
Help. I have joint custody with my x husband who is remarried with a son. We had a meeting and while he is gone he wants the kids to spend half of their time with her he doesnt want anything changed. well first i said no then thought about kids and told him that i would let the kids spend 2days a week with her . i talked with the kids and they said that was fine . Well he changed his mind again and said that was not good enough. Am i right in saying i don't have to share any time with her while he is gone? Is there anyway he can sign any rights over to her so she gets to keep visitation? I am the the mom shes not on any legal papers saying she has any rights whatsoever. Monday i am filing to take physical custody of kids while he is gone. I just need opinions anybody please anybody help me.

You and your ex have joint custody. Therefore this means that only you two have equal rights to who and where the children spend time.

His partner has no rights over the children, however, if she wants to spend time with them, then she can apply for access rights and would have to prove her case.

Him stating that the children should spend time with her, is okay, however, legally this cannot be the case unless she applies alone for access rights.

If you have agreed to access rights privately, then this is disputed then that is something that can be taken to court, but realistically, she has no rights.

I doubt very much she is prepared to go through the legal system to have rights unless the children themselves state they want to see her.

But she has to apply for contact.
Joe McQuay

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.
goldonline13

State or Province: Alaska

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: establish for ages been a vital Reply with quote

Metres will establish for ages been a vital element of.
kinomonohana

State or Province: Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A woman said to her husband, “dear, look at our sheet! It's too dirty. Would you like to wash it now?”The man looked at the sheet and then thought for a while and then said, “I don't think it's necessary. We can turn the sheet over. Is that all right?”
His wife was very angry at this. “How lazy you are!” She shouted, “To tell you the truth, I turned it over last week.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
hellofifa.com
fifa15buycoins.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: