An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

harassed by my child's father's sister

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praying mommy

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: harassed by my child's father's sister Reply with quote

ok ladies I feel stuck.....

Tell me why my baby's father has a sister who has caused SO much drama in my life I want her OUT of the picture.

1. She miscarried and has been depressed, on medication, lives with her parents, her parents say shes crazy and try to ignore her

2. She tells her brother (my babydaddy) to call the police for almost every visit...for NO aparent reason!

3. I have 2 criminal trespassing restraints on her at 2 different locations.

4. She video tapes every exchange

5. She snarles, yells, and constantle criticizes me.

6. She gets loud with the cops and they NEVER arrest her!

7. She jumped on my uncle!

8. She told me she would be at every exchange for my baby to go with the dad. I don't want to give my baby to her if her dad doesn't show up!

Basically, I never done anything to her but go off on her. I am not a fighter and don't want to risk getting locked up. She rules her brother and encourages him to act crazy with me. I fear for the safety of my child around her. She has never done harm to me or my baby but WHAT can I do to get her OUT of the picture she is totally crazy!!!
kfuller02

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: re: Sister in law Reply with quote

First, don't give the baby to her is he doesn't show up unless ordered to by the court. She is not a party to your custody issues and has no ability to take the child. Second, everytime she turns on the camera and starts video taping, look right at the camera and say " I do not authorize myself or my child being on videotape and then take it to your attorney or to the court. Third, GET A RESTRAINING ORDER for you and your child to prevent her from being at the exchanges and from spending time with your child when your ex has the baby. If you find out she is there, take it to court and ask the judge for a court oder demanding your ex abide by the restraining order. You need to protect yourself from this woman. If she is depressed from a miscarriage and other issues then she could harm your child or you or could develop dillusions about the child being hers. Next time the police show up make it clear to them that you feel that you and your child are in danger and ask politely for them to remove her from the situation, if you get a restraining order, show it to them.

I have a lot of sympathy for those with mental health issues, my husband has mental issues due to a military situation, but I would never allow my children to be in danger. Make it clear to your exes family that you are willing to allow the aunt to be in the child's life only if she gets help and can behave properly. She needs therapy and possibly medication and that you will ask for proof of this before any further contact is allowed. If they all live in the same home try to make other arrangements for visitation. If there are no DV issues with your ex,, offer to allow him to have visitation in your home or in a relatives home. You don't want to have to get to the point that you ask for him to have supervised visitation, but if he allows his sister to continue you may have to to protect your child.
kfuller02

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: re: Sister in law Reply with quote

First, don't give the baby to her is he doesn't show up unless ordered to by the court. She is not a party to your custody issues and has no ability to take the child. Second, everytime she turns on the camera and starts video taping, look right at the camera and say " I do not authorize myself or my child being on videotape and then take it to your attorney or to the court. Third, GET A RESTRAINING ORDER for you and your child to prevent her from being at the exchanges and from spending time with your child when your ex has the baby. If you find out she is there, take it to court and ask the judge for a court oder demanding your ex abide by the restraining order. You need to protect yourself from this woman. If she is depressed from a miscarriage and other issues then she could harm your child or you or could develop dillusions about the child being hers. Next time the police show up make it clear to them that you feel that you and your child are in danger and ask politely for them to remove her from the situation, if you get a restraining order, show it to them.

I have a lot of sympathy for those with mental health issues, my husband has mental issues due to a military situation, but I would never allow my children to be in danger. Make it clear to your exes family that you are willing to allow the aunt to be in the child's life only if she gets help and can behave properly. She needs therapy and possibly medication and that you will ask for proof of this before any further contact is allowed. If they all live in the same home try to make other arrangements for visitation. If there are no DV issues with your ex,, offer to allow him to have visitation in your home or in a relatives home. You don't want to have to get to the point that you ask for him to have supervised visitation, but if he allows his sister to continue you may have to to protect your child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: