An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

facing the step mom for the 1st time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praying mommy

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: facing the step mom for the 1st time Reply with quote

My ex moved in with another female when our baby was bout 7mosold. They have a baby already and our baby is 15mos old! we had already been separated and I never want to be with him. However, because of the child support system I have been very stressed about another woman being around my baby.

I know there are million sof people in my shoes but I have never me the woman. My ex doesn't communicate with me during his visits. I feel awkward about meeting this girl but maybe she could be the person to make things smoother.

How to I meet her or approach her? How do I let her know I am not about drama and I want to communicate with her about my baby. I feel so embarassed, hurt, angry, and stressed. HOw do I deal with this?
nycmomma510

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Been there.... Reply with quote

Hi...while my ex doesn't live w/his girlfriend or have another child, I was confronted with the issue of meeting her. Basically, they wanted to take my son, who was 3 (now 3.5) away for a long weekend. My son has not spent more than one night away from home, so that was my 1st concern. However, I told my ex that BEFORE I would agree to anything I needed to meet this person who wanted to go on vacation with my child.

It took FOREVER; she fought me, via email! It was horrible! She did everything she could to be obnoxious, rude, etc. She even used the swine flu as an excuse not to ride a commuter train into NYC. UNREAL. Finally, she came here, and it was OK. I mean, she's 15 years younger than my ex, and was pretty cold/obnoxious, but whatever.

The bottom line is that I can't stop her from being around my child, but at least I know who she is, what she's about, and can combat the issues, help my son deal if he needs to. He doesnt really mention her, so I dont think she's that big of an influence.

MY ADVICE: Do whatever you need to in order to meet this girl. This is YOUR child, NOT hers, and she has ZERO rights to make parenting decisions about your child.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: