An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

distrust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DianaLucina

State or Province: British Columbia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: distrust Reply with quote

Between my ex and I we have no written agreements or custody arrangements other than verbal, right now its 50/50.

I recently discovered that his new girlfriend posed as someone I knew on facebook to spy on me and then wrote a nasty letter about me to my ex's parents. My ex tells me that they are going on a camping trip for a week next week. I don't trust this woman at all now, I don't feel comfortable letting them take my son so far away, they plan on driving more than 9 hours for this trip and I don't want to let my son go with them.
Do I have the right to say you can't take him that far away?
rrice

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I have custody of my daughter and I have no rights to not letting my child go to inappropriate places and do inappropriate things with her with inappropriate people as it is his right as her dad to do what he wants to during his visitation time.
I do understand what you are going through. I would suggest putting up security features on your facebook page and don't allow anyone on it unless you know who they are. (such as friend suggestions that you can confirm who the person is) It is unfortunate that people act so childish, but your privacy is important and your ex or any of his relatives or friends have no right to invade it.
Best of luck with keeping things 50/50. It is what is best for the child, but often 50/50 isn't what is best for the child if one parent is taking advantage of another (using the child to manipulate/control/spy on the other parent) or not looking at the best interests of the child. Just continue monitoring the situation and remember you have rights to protect your children. Always keep a paper trail. Document everything the concerns you so you have something to show the Judge and Guardian Ad Litum if it comes down to needing an OP or primary custody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: