An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Her Daddy is moving to Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fashndiva

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Her Daddy is moving to Florida Reply with quote

My 8 yr old daughter's father took her to dinner last Monday and told her he was moving to Florida. We're in Ohio. He was very faithful about visitation up until about 6 months ago, when it suddenly dropped off. Now, he's moving and spent less than an hour with her when he told her. She's devastated. She asked me "why is Daddy moving? Doesn't he know I'm supposed to be the most important thing in the world to him?" How do I answer that? I try to show her the upside, but there's not much.

Has anyone else had a similar circumstance?
motherofolivia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIT DOWN AND TALK TO HIM ABOUT WHAT YOU FEEL AS BEEN GOING ON. EXPLAIN TO HIM THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER AND WORK OUT A PLAN TO MEET HIM HALF WAY FOR VISITATION EFFORTS
fashndiva

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great in theory, but ever since I've known him, it's all about him. I'm to blame for the fact that he is $6,800 behind in child support. I'm to blame for filing a lien against his property. The collapse of the Berlin Wall was probably my fault, too. He is selfish and egotistical. I've tried every different way I know how to explain to him that her relationship with him is very, very important. It always circles around to him.
sara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean by everything being your fault. I'm in the same situation. I just finally decided that my son is better off without a father than having a terrible one in his life. I really don't think there is any point in sitting him down and trying to convince him to be a good father. He won't unless he wants to. I know it is hard to see your child in pain, but there really isn't anything you can do but to be a good mother to her and to never bad mouth her father to her. They have to deal with their relationship on their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: