An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Court date for Child Support Upcoming - I have questions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComfortablyJaded

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Court date for Child Support Upcoming - I have questions! Reply with quote

Background info:
I am a single unemployed mother. I left my job when my child was born in order to stay at home with my child. It was cheaper for myself and my child's father to do it this way. A few months after birth he decides to leave and I have no way of supporting my child. The last convo I had with him was to ask for a little money for diapers. This convo did not go well and I told him we could get it set up in court. He told me that he was going to ask for a paternity test. This is all fine and dandy because I have no problems doing this to prove this is his child but he signed the acknowledgment of paternity while we were in the hospital having our child meaning his name is on our child's birth certificate. I have been looking for a job without luck as it would have to be within child care hours and they would have to be understanding to the fact that I have to express breastmilk while I am there... most places are not understanding to this!

Ok after all that said here are my questions:

I have decided to go back to school full time since I am not having luck finding a job in my field or any field for that matter. Will my child's father be required to pay for child care? If not the full amount would they order him to pay half?

Since he signed the Acknowledgment of Paternity what will be said when he asks for a DNA test? I know that if a test is ordered that a time will be put in place to come back to court for the results. My concern is not the test but the support. Will they make him pay support in the mean time since he did sign the acknowledgment?

There is also a hopsital bill that was left over after all insurance payments had been made. I had asked him to pay half to be fair but of course he has not... Since this bill is having to do with our child being born is there a way that I can ask them to order him to pay half of this so I don't get stuck with the whole bill?

I am trying to get full custody at this proceeding. Is it likely they will grant this if I have been the primary caregiver all this time and he hasn't tried to check or see his child for several months now?

thank you for whom ever may offer any help or even takes the time to read this
DianaLee

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Hospital Expenses and Child Support Reply with quote

This is a great question!

Let us know how it plays out.

I had insurance (barely though). I had to work 3 part-time jobs ...yes while pregnant. It was a B#$%#

and the fool wondered why I kept his ring to see it (got as much money as I could) and you know why?.... what an Ahole...it was to pay for the monthly COBRA fee...that's why.

Take care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: