An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am new to this site-very Disturbing situation!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsy02

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: I am new to this site-very Disturbing situation! Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this site but so grateful to have found it. I am a single mother of a beautiful twelve year old and reside in Texas. She is my little miracle as it took me four years to conceive and cannot have any more. Her father and I had a very amicable relationship until he re-married. Since then it has been a complete nightmare with one issue after another. The new "step-mother" does not allow him to have any contact with me and wants to act as the liason. The issues have escalated to the point that they now talk very disrespectful about me to my daughter and in front of her. (saying complete lies) She is being hurt emotionaly by this. Also it does not help he was forced to pay me more child support so that has increased the slander. His new wife will also send me harrassing text. They have been asked in writing to stop this behavior. They use my daughter as a sick pawn. They now talk to her constantly about coming to live with them telling her that I don't love her and cannot provide for her as well as them. She knows this is not true but it is hurtful to her and to me. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Do I have any rights regarding harrasment? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am an emotional wreck.
Thank you so much and God Bless.
Ladyny212

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Mediation??? Reply with quote

Is there any way that you can go to a mediation with her father? Perhaps when your daughter is not there. My idea is that if you seperate him from his new spouse long enough with someone who is there not to take sides than maybe he will realize how much his actions are actually hurting your child. You might try to lure him in by telling him that you want to go to discuss a decrease in child support payment, since you realize how much it is affecting him???
DianaLee

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Mediation Reply with quote

Mediation shows the court that you are trying.

Save all your email (regarding text messages).

Take care,

DL
linhely

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps when your daughter is not there. My idea is that if you seperate him from his new spouse long enough with someone who is there not to take sides than maybe he will realize how much his actions are actually hurting your child.
Green Helen

State or Province: Alaska

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your point of view is so wonderful, and I feel very interesting. I have a lot of immature idea where you get the answer, I will continue to focus on your posts, I hope you can continue to update, I will put my views and ideas to share with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: