An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello My name is Brittany

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babchick3

State or Province: Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Hello My name is Brittany Reply with quote

Hi, I'm 20 and going to be 21 in March. I had my son, Seth at 18, less than 2 months before my 19th birthday. I love him to death. The father didn't put his name on the birth certificate, but we did the paternity test so he can pay the child support. He hasn't at all, he didn't even started on it. My mom has the guardianship of Seth so I can get my life back on track and finish school. She has been a great person in my life, I don't know what I would have done without her and my son. Well I still do have the rights for my son, I let the father see him 5 different times the first year he was born, but then he only saw him 3 different times the 2nd (this) year. My son is going to be 2 in January of 2011. The father doesn't send anything since he keeps moving around and so on, but never lived so close to Seth. He doesn't treat our son like a father, just a friend. He thinks it's funny when Seth hits himself and saw that his dad was laughing, made him think it was ok. I realized what I was doing, I just let the father walk in and out of Seth's life so I decided to put a stop to it. I don't allow him to see Seth anymore since June of this year. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or right, but I just want the best for Seth. The father has lied to me many times and cheated on me. He would say that he bought this and that for Seth, but never sends them or bring them. He have stolen money from people and used them for other things. I don't know what to do, but I really need someone to let me know what kind of rights I have and does this father have any rights? Am I doing the right thing? I'm just scared for Seth's life because I love him and I'd do anything for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: