An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trust in Joint Custody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DianaLee

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Trust in Joint Custody Reply with quote

I would like your opinion on this one.

The question is:

Don't you Trust him?

This scene involves friends and family.

One day recently during a random conversation with friends and family present someone asked Dont you trust him? . Him is my Ex.

Well I had to think of that, b/c I hadn't had that posed to me in such a long time.
The answer is Yes and No.

Yes I do trust him with my son. He will not harm my son, and he wants the best for my son, but no I don't trust that he will be the best parent or do the best parenting job. Do I think I am the better parent? Sometimes Yes I do. That is basically how I feel.
Sometimes the Ex does have something to offer.

My son will go over to his Dad's house and it is like a carnival...always fun, never any homework; he doesn't serve dinner or lunch, unless my son asks for it or has hunger pains, the list goes on...I'm sure you understand.

Whereas my son comes to my house and has school work and has chores. I believe in standards and ethics. Whereas the Ex believes in living each day to it's fullest.

Sometimes that's good, but really, we can't always live like that.

--A Mom
ButterfliDreamz

State or Province: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Trust in Joint Custody Reply with quote

DianaLee wrote:
I would like your opinion on this one.

The question is:

Don't you Trust him?

This scene involves friends and family.

One day recently during a random conversation with friends and family present someone asked Dont you trust him? . Him is my Ex.

Well I had to think of that, b/c I hadn't had that posed to me in such a long time.
The answer is Yes and No.

Yes I do trust him with my son. He will not harm my son, and he wants the best for my son, but no I don't trust that he will be the best parent or do the best parenting job. Do I think I am the better parent? Sometimes Yes I do. That is basically how I feel.
Sometimes the Ex does have something to offer.

My son will go over to his Dad's house and it is like a carnival...always fun, never any homework; he doesn't serve dinner or lunch, unless my son asks for it or has hunger pains, the list goes on...I'm sure you understand.

Whereas my son comes to my house and has school work and has chores. I believe in standards and ethics. Whereas the Ex believes in living each day to it's fullest.

Sometimes that's good, but really, we can't always live like that.

--A Mom

I totally understand this. I trust that my Ex loves his children, but I do not trust that he will do what's best. Right now my ex seems to be more interested in the girlfriend, and even the kids have noticed that dad spends more time with his gf and they don't have any one-on-one time with dad. He is also a very controlling man and will control when they watch t.v., make phone calls, when they eat (extreme, my son missed dinner because he was at a youth drop-in-center and wasn't allowed to eat when he came home, even though he was hungry.) I just don't believe that he understands how to love unconditionally, and it affects the kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: