An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step mom speaks out!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac_r_a

State or Province: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Step mom speaks out!!!! Reply with quote

I am the mother to 3 children, 2 my own with my husband and one step daughter. We have primary care of her and have for many years now. I am the one to take care of her, tuck her in, teach her morals, teach her how to be a good person, with my husband's help. I do not treat her any differently then my own children, yet because I am not biologically her mother some people feel I should not be doing this. She has access with her mom. I don't understand how people can be so happy when a man comes into a child's life and take over the father role, but when a woman does it, it is wrong. I have read on here how a 3 year old already has a father and the mohter can not beleive the bio dad got access to the child JUST because he is the bio dad. But with me taking the role of the mom it is wrong. I love that child like she is my own and treat her the same as my other chilren and I will not change that and it would not be healthy for her if I did. Mothers feel treatened by a woman coming into their child's life, but do not let it comsume you, it is just more people to love and nuture them. Please take a step back and think about it before you automatically assume we are evil. We love our husband's children too. When we take him on as a husband we take his children on too.
AmyKrz

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined this site and this topic caught my eye….I know it’s been a while since you posted but there is something additional to consider. In response to your statement, “mother’s feel threatened by a woman coming into their child’s life”, this is not always the case. Some mothers do not feel this way at all. And on the other side of things, there are certainly situations where the step-mother is threatened by the connection as co-parents to a child and take that out on the child. Not all step parents treat their step children equally or fairly and as parents in that situation all you can possibly want for your children is the amount of love they deserve.

This does not sound like the situation in your case and you should be proud of that. The relationship you have and will continue to have with your step daughter will be worth any judgment from people and in the end what’s important is the well being of your children, a healthy marriage and respecting anyone else involved.
Green Helen

State or Province: Alaska

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this site, I am a new member since last night. Hope we can share interesting insights as we get along in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: