An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child Custody and Slander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsnm1976

State or Province: New Mexico

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Child Custody and Slander Reply with quote

I had full physical custody of my daughter with the father having her every other weekend. When child support division took the father to court for child support it ended up being a custody case also, a new judge was assigned to the case and he ruled that the father have 75 percent physical custody.

I went to court, without an attorney and lost custody because of false statements made against me by the fatherís attorney. I was called a prostitute, they said my mother and I defrauded the state, and because I moved three times in the past three years, I provided an unstable environment, and other false statements without providing proof.
My father borrowed money to get me an Attorney for the modify custody hearing. I have documentations to disprove the statements that were made against me, but it wasn't even brought up in court.

The judge did not state what his decision was based on to change the custody the first time we went to court, even though my attorney asked him. I can understand my child being taken away if I was a bad mother or a drug user, the worst thing I have done is got a traffic ticket. On the other hand the father was thrown out the military with a dishonorable discharge, he was charged with beating me up, the jury found him not guilty. Six months later he was convicted for beating up another female in Alamogordo NM. Another thing they used against me was my job; I work at a nursing facility and im on a rotating schedule, his attorney made it sound like I donít have time to spend with my child. I only work 8 hours just like everyone else. And when I am at work my daughter is not stuck in a child care center for 8 or 9 hours, she is at home with her grandmother. I now own my own home, where as the father is bouncing around from his parents to his girlfriends and back to his parents. He doesnít have a stable environment and my daughter is stuck in daycare with strangers.

Since I have solid proof that I was slanderd in court, is there anything that I can do about it other than report the Lawyer to the state Bar?, My father wants to Sue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: