An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breastfeeding issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurenmarie520

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Breastfeeding issues Reply with quote

Hello new mommies!!

I am a new mother to a beautiful baby girl, Gianna <3. She is my everything. Since she has been born I have been exclusively breastfeeding. Now this might not be your average breastfeeding help post. Gianna is latching well and is doing absolutely great! We have had no problems with breastfeeding. However, the father and I have been through some visitation litigation and last week I was told by a New Jersey judge that if I did not stop breastfeeding and put my daughter on formula that I would go to jail. (& no new mommies this is not a lie) The judge claimed that there was NO DIFFERENCE between breastmilk and formula and that there should be no reason why my daughter cannot be on formula. Being a first time mother I did all the research on the positives and negatives on formula vs. breastmilk. I would like to just clear anything up I am not on any drugs or medications that can or would compromise my daughter's health. There is no adequate reason to reason with why I need to stop breastfeeding. The judge clearly has no respect for my daughter's well being. The judge does not even want to work out visitation dates so that I could pump. He was very stubborn and fed up with me because it was 20 to 5 and he wanted to just go home and told me if I did not start to agree that I was going to get arrested. I do not agree with formula feeding and I strictly want to breastfeed my daughter! To me new mommies this seems illegal!!! I am very puzzled as to what I should do so if anyone has any advice for me please respond.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is your daughter??????

and you could do both... Carnation good start is a very good formula and it is close to breat milk... when the baby is with daddy she could formula feed and with you she could breast feed... you could pump and freeze breast milk... giving the daddy enough for his visits... and continue to pump when she is with daddy and let him know that if he starts to run low, you will run over some more...

But to be honest, the judge can order you to be more compliant. While it is easier to breast feed, and may be a better for new borns... once a baby starts eating cereals and such at 4 months... there is almost no difference in getting formula. I have a friend that breast feeds all her kids till they are at least 2 years... these kids have teeth and are eating table food.

By 1 year old, your child should be drinking whole milk. You have a few choices... go with half and half... allowing baby to breast feed when she is with you and speaking to her pediatrician on the best formula for her to have while with daddy and having her formula feed there... putting her on formula altogether... or going to jail for contempt for non compliance to the judges order... or you could pump all week long and freeze the breast milk so daddy has enough for his visits.

But if your child is 6 months to a year old... the baby has gotten all the bonuses of breast milk. and it will not harm the baby to have formula. my older three were all formula fed... my youngest was breast fed for the first 8 plus weeks... my oldest three are healthy as an ox.. my youngest has asthma...

you can't say that breast milk will ensure you have a healthier child.
auaia

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited about the birth of my baby boy: his room was ready, the new baby outfits were neatly stacked and soon I would introduce him to the world. Baby Tyler arrived two weeks early: It was love at first cuddle. I was really keen to breastfeed, but from the start things did not work out as planned.

I struggled to breastfeed him. Tyler wasn’t putting on any weight and I was getting very worried… now not sure what to do, where to go for help. I asked myself these questions: Am I producing enough milk? Is my baby latching on properly? Is he drinking anything? How much milk is he actually getting?

This “baby feeding” time in your life can leave you feeling really anxious and stressed out. And the problem with this is that the more you stress yourself the less milk you are going to be able to produce. Breastfeeding your baby should be a special time… and the only thing standing between you and that is some breastfeeding education; understanding some breastfeeding basics and sorting the truth from some breastfeeding myths. The truth is there are too many women who don’t give a second thought about breastfeeding (I was one of them)...they don’t really know much about breastfeeding a baby. And then in the end they give up too quickly because they have not prepared themselves enough. If I had known the things I know today I would have done things so differently.

This site is dedicated to the new mommy who wants to prepare herself for a wonderful breastfeeding bonding time with her child.

It is also dedicated to those mothers breastfeeding who are searching for ways on increasing milk supply…and/or who have any specific breastfeeding problem.

Last edited by auaia on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She isn't having difficulty breastfeeding... she is having difficulty with a judge telling her she needs to give the baby to daddy for his time and the baby will need to bottle feed with him. Whether she likes it or not or she will go to jail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: